We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Domes questions

Manchester
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Blue Domes questions

Hello,

Just wanting a little more info on the following as travelling there at the end of July if someone could help advise,

1) Masionette Room - Do they have Balconies and if so which location would be best for a sea view

2) Dress Code - Aware dress code for the evening is shorts over the knee, but does this mean long trousers or are 3/4 pants ok and are they quite strict on this. I have loads of smart shorts but the are not officially 'over the knee' ... Does this also apply to children

3) Taxi to resort - Have booked via Cosmos Holidays and we get in at around 10.00 pm so was think of getting a taxi rather than wait for the transfer - Any thoughts.

Any help on the above would be appreciated

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Domes questions

1) All rooms have balconies in the Blue Domes. Maisonettes have ground floor and 1st floor balconies.

All of them will have nice (mostly side sea) views.

2) Shorts are fine, I had basic shorts that just reached my knees and it was fine. Many men were even wearing shorts above the knee with sleeveless vests (was quiet surprised because it didn't really look elegant at all). They are not very strict at all so you shouldn't worry.

3)Taxi from/to the airport is 20-22euros. We have done the trip 4 times now and always paid this amount.

Manchester
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Domes questions

Thanks for your reply, very helpful,

Just another quick question on the maisonettes as looking at the pictures of the ones at the side of the main pool they only seem to have a ground floor balcony ? are the 1st floor balconies on the other side ?

Do you think better to stay nearer the beach ? Also there are 5 Masionettes positioned behind the A La Cartes restaurants do you think these would be a good location

Just read your latest review so that was helpful thanks and looks like I need to visit Duty Free on the way out for my spirits.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Domes questions

Hi again,

I have to say sorry for giving you some wrong information. I had another look at the photos I made and I thought the areas on top of the ground floor terraces were another balcony which they are not (can only see windows, no doors so there is only the ground floor terraces) The terraces are very nice though, many of them with a grass area in front.

I would say the maisonettes behind the a la carte restaurants are quiet nicely located but you can smell the kitchens of the restaurants a little in that area and we always found free sunbeds in front of those maisonettes, most probably because of that reason :-))

If I had the choice I would choose one of the maisonettes in the 26-27-28 block, close to the main restaurant, nice views, nice grass area in front and close to the other small poolside restaurants. Of course this is very personal...

Like you said, if you like a Amaretto, Baileys or Tia Maria or whatever in the evening you should indeed stop at the duty free because none of these (also no local substitutes) are available...

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,097 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Domes questions

If you look at the photos I posted with my latest review (the one called 'hotel grounds') you can see the 26-27-28 block on the right of the photo (next to the palm trees).

Manchester
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Domes questions

Thanks again for your help

6. Re: Blue Domes questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 13, 2014