We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safari Kos Car Rental

Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Safari Kos Car Rental

I went to safari to rent a car for a weekend. I visited the site of the company before and I found the car 25euros per day. I asked a friend and told me that they gave him a discount the last time he rent and he paid 20euros per day. I went ot the office when I asked the price form the boy in the reception desk he told me that the price is 30 euros per day, when I told him that I visited the site he answered me that he will make a disciount for me and I paid 25 euors per day. 1) the car was very dirty 2) The brakes were in bad condition 3) The clutch was in bad condition etc.

I told him that the car needs to go to the car garage , cause it is very dangerous and he he told I do not believe, maybe there is a mistake.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safari Kos Car Rental

Hi there

Did you actually drive the car, as that's the only way you would determine that it needed attention. Like many car hire firms, they advertise daily rates but they don't know whether you have looked at the website or not, so they will try to ask for more money if you walk into the office. He still only charged you €25 per day which is what it says on the website. Maybe your friend rented a car during a quieter time of the year when rates were lower? Or maybe he rented a smaller car with a lower daily rate?

Edited: 8:33 am, March 22, 2013
Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
3 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safari Kos Car Rental

Of course I drove the car, If you want I have the number of this. I went to hertz the same day and gave me the same price 25uros per day, but I preferred to give my money to someone greek for this reason I went to safari. My friend rent the car one week bofore me in the same month. Smaller car than me seems a little impossible.

Edited: 9:22 am, March 22, 2013
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safari Kos Car Rental

I'm really not sure what the fuss is all about here. OK, the car wasn't in great condition but you lived to tell the tale. Maybe the owners have now had the brakes and clutch repaired, who knows? You say that the car your friend rented was smaller so why shouldn't he pay €5 less than you did for your car?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Tigaki
Level Contributor
1,347 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safari Kos Car Rental

I think that the bottom line here is, check the car over before you agree to rent it. If you are not happy, don't hire it.

kent
Level Contributor
441 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safari Kos Car Rental

I think it is absolutely reasonable to expect a clean, new and well maintained rental car in Kos! All the cars/jeeps I have rented over the last 12 years have met this criteria, though I admit I only use the one car hire firm. They are in Mastihari, and are a small family run concern as opposed to the likes of Hertz or Avis.. He will deliver your vehicle anywhere I think....after all from Mastihari nowhere is more than around 20K away. In out of peak times he's happy to deal on price, but in July/August .....no chance!

6. Re: Safari Kos Car Rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, March 24, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kos