We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air con

s.wales
3 posts
Save Topic
air con

would anyone know how much air con is in the nicon appartments been told expensive in july august

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: air con

Calm down dear, it's a commercial......

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: air con

>>Of course, being a well-travelled "woman of the world", you obviously stay at very swanky joints!!<<

Not this woman, I'm afraid!

Unless I am travelling with mum to London, I stay in cheap B&Bs. But there was an A/C everywhere I stayed and no one asked me to pay for it. There was never a safe though, so I can't comment on that.

Maybe it is a "package" thing? I can't think of any other reason...

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: air con

OK, its a while since we visited Greece but we never paid extra for aircon and boy did we need it. In fact, one hotel on Mykonos put us in a non-aircon room when we had booked an airconned one (new word?) and we got the travel agent to change our hotel. We tend to stay in small places, not B&Bs but small family hotels, certainly not resorts. Maybe it is a new thing.

On the other hand they were not apartments. Maybe the extra charge is for aircon in apartments, just like they can add on cleaning and heating and in some places,linen and towels.

Can anyone clarify?

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: air con

Lynneb48 Hi! We always book self-catering studios in Greece. They can be found everywhere in the resorts and also in some smaller outlying areas. I think it is probably true to say that most (but not all) are newish-custom built holiday accommodation. The size of these hotels can vary from very small to huge, depending on where they are. You can also find family sized 1 or 2 bedroom apartments available, alongside.

In our experience, the room rate includes..........

Basic daily cleaning of accommodation/removal of rubbish:

Clean towels: (how often varies from place to place)

Electricity: It is very often 'activated' by a plastic card that is attached to the room key and is put in a slot by the door when room is occupied (However,the fridge is always on regardless)

Extras to be paid directly to the hotel owner cover:

Safety deposit box ... phone calls ...air con etc. These are only charged when used and can vary in cost depending on location.

Hope this helps! :O)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,104 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: air con

Thanks for that input.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: air con

Bear in mind as well that the main tour operators screw the accommodation owners right down to the last cent. If the rates included aircon at say a small apartment block, then the owners would make nothing at all if the occupants ran the aircon solidly for their two week stay. So by "charging locally", at least they make another 50 euros per week per apartment, minus the operating costs of course.

27. Re: air con

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 am, October 16, 2009