We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

St Austell, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

We're travelling on the 13th July and arriving in Rhodes at approx 22.30 then transferring to Halki. Has anyone else ever done this trip before, as intrigued as to how to get to the island as ferries don't seem to run this late?

Plus does anyone have any info on Kiki Studios?

Many thanks, looking forward to relaxing and recharging batteries....

Rhodes Town, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

I am afraid you will have to spend the night in Rhodes... then you can get to

chalki either from Rhodes town ( with Spanos seaways- the local catamaran company or the ship Panayia Spiliani) or from Kamiros Skala, near the airport,- small local boats will depart ( i THINK) TWICE daily to chalki.

it sounds a bit tiring, but trust me the beauty and atmosphere of the

island as well as the local food, will make it up to you....

I hope you enjoy as much as i do, everytime i go back to chalki!

St Austell, United...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

Many thanks,

Looking forward to going away, have been to Rhodes before so know what to expect, besides, waiting will make it even more special when we get there!!!!!!.

We went to Evia last year and am hoping it's like the quiet spots there...

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

How did your holiday go last year - i am doing the same sort of thing this year - any tips??

UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

Hi Dizzy, we did this trip 2 years ago and things don't seem to have changed much! we just sat at the port and waited for the big ferry rather than journey to Kamiros Skala ( at the time we didn't know any better!) however the wait was indeed worth it!

Edited: 11:19 am, July 04, 2012
UK
Level Contributor
438 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

forgot to mention, we went independently so cannot comment on how Olympus look after their clients as regards transfers

Chichester, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

Thank you

7. Re: Rhodes- Halki with oylmpus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:45 am, July 15, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Halki