We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes ferry

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Rhodes ferry

Has anyone travelled on this ferry from Kastellorizo to Rhodes recently ? If so how long does it take and what is the fare. I am thinking of travelling from Kas and going back into Turkey at either Fethiye or Marmaris.

This would be mid September 2013.

Many thanks

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes ferry

Dodekanisos Seaways high speed catamaran takes 2 hours 20 minutes and costs 35e pp one way. The route is seasonal but it should run in September. I think this year it was Mondays only but this may change to a different day of the week in 2013.

Blue Star ferry (Diagoras) takes 3hrs 40 min and fares starting from 21e (economy). It runs 2 days per week all year round.

There are also flights from Rhodes directly to Kastellorizo with Olympic Air.

Edited: 5:24 am, October 12, 2012
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhodes ferry

Ozzlem, thanks for quick reply. I will have a look at both ferry lines.

South Africa
Level Contributor
13 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rhodes ferry

Hi. I am contemplating flying from Kastelorizo to Rhodes to meet a friend who is on a small boat. Into which airport does the Olympic airways fly on Rhodes? I notice there are two airports, one on the coast and the other a little more inland?

Can you help?

Michael

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rhodes ferry

As far as I know the one inland (Maritsa) is military.There are no civilian flights there.

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rhodes ferry

Maritsa is the original airport for Rhodes but hasn't seen passenger flights for 40 years or more. The only airport with scheduled or charter flights is Paradissi, the one next to the coast. This is airport code RHO.

6. Re: Rhodes ferry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:41 am, March 23, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Kastellorizo
More Kastellorizo Topics