We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Astypalea to Santorini/Thira?? How?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Astypalea to Santorini/Thira?? How?

Hi - does anybody know how I can get from Astypalea to Santorini without having to fly back to Athens and then catch a flight from Athens to Thira?

Belgium
Level Contributor
408 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Astypalea to Santorini/Thira?? How?

Flights from Astypalea to Santorini are nonexcistent I believe, so you would have to fly over Athens.

You could also take a ferry to Naxos or Paros en switch ferry there.

More info on dates etc. at the site www.openseas.gr

Blue star ferries have connections on these lines, you can check their homepage too.

You mentioned no dates, so I can't make out if you would get there faster by ferry or by airways.

Good luck!

London
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Astypalea to Santorini/Thira?? How?

Try http://www.gtp.gr/. I use this every year to plan my trips between islands. it's very reliable.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Astypalea to Santorini/Thira?? How?

This is helpful - thanks very much

London
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Astypalea to Santorini/Thira?? How?

I forgot to add; if you stay in Livadi on Astypalea try Anixi Studios. The rooms are clean and modest and overlook a garden full of orange and lemon trees and it's only five mins away from the nearest beach. The owners are lovely people. I'm planning to go back in September ( tel +30 22430 61269 or 61460). Or you may see the owner , Nik, in the port when you arrive.

5. Re: Astypalea to Santorini/Thira?? How?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, December 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Astipalea