We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best views in Ermoupoli

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
97 reviews
320 helpful votes
Best views in Ermoupoli

Yassas,

We will be visiting Syros for the first time next month with the sole purpose to research and take photos for my websites. We will likely be horribly jetlagged so hope to find a hotel that will provide some great vistas.

Its hard to gauge from some photos which hotels would have the best views. Obsviously something along the waterfront but there's quite a few options.

Any suggestions?

thank you kindly

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
25 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Best views in Ermoupoli

I have stayed at the Aktaion hotel on the harbour front. This has good views over the harbour towards the Neorian shipyard, and the ferry comings and goings. There are superb views up in Ano Syros down to the harbour and across to the neighbouring islands. There are a few places up there to stay (look at Wind Tales b & b, a little more expensive, but worth it imo). Try to arrive by conventional ferry as you can get some superb shots as you approach Ermoupoli. If you depart at night, you can get great shots of the two hills of Ermoupoli (one topped with silver, the other with gold) as you pull away on the ship. Practically anywhere in Ermoupoli is great for photos, with all of the neoclassical buildings, some restored and others crumbling . Just have a wander around, and don't miss the Vaporia area.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
97 reviews
320 helpful votes
2. Re: Best views in Ermoupoli

Thank you,

Yes Aktaion was on my list and well priced too.

Will definitely be arriving and departing by ferry so thanks for those tips.

Will check out that B & B too

cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
820 posts
25 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Best views in Ermoupoli

I think only one of the rooms in the Aktaion has a sea view with balcony. Ours didn't have a balcony (did have a sea view), but there is a small balcony on the first floor overlooking the harbour that is free for everyone to use. Look at the website (if you haven't already) and you'll get a better idea.

Edited: 2:16 am, May 13, 2019
Reply to: Best views in Ermoupoli
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Syros