We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elies Resort,Sifnos, Greece

ipswich
Level Contributor
366 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Elies Resort,Sifnos, Greece

Has anyone stayed here? We love idea of visiting Sifnos, to experience traditional greek island but want to do it in style!!! We like proper comfy (double) bed, and need a good pool for our two sons - we would like to be easy walking distance to beach and tavernas and wish to stay somewhere with nice views etc. The Elies looks amazing (and expensive!) If anyone can help me decide that it worth the money then I am off!!!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elies Resort,Sifnos, Greece

I know this post is old, but I am also interested in finding out more info from travellers who have stayed at Elies.

We will be in Sifnos for 3 days of our honeymoon and the Elies Resort looks like a perfect fit, but there are mixed reviews on TA. Has anyone been there recently? Or, does anyone know anything about the resort?

Many thanks!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,107 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elies Resort,Sifnos, Greece

Disgraceful development in Vathy bay, a once beautiful bay, there are 'real' villages to stay in Sifnos, why bother with a fake 'resort' development. There is no village, a few basic tavernas, potteries and 'rooms for rent'.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
52 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elies Resort,Sifnos, Greece

Do you have a recommendation on where to stay in Sifnos? There are very few reviews available here on TA. Also, we definitely want to see some of the Sifnos potteries. Do you think we could take a pottery class at one of them?

ipswich
Level Contributor
366 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elies Resort,Sifnos, Greece

You can check out www.greektravel.com, Matt Barrett gives guide to Greece, he loves Sifnos, recommend Lighthouse Hotel, or Alexandros Hotel - Elies would be lovely for Honeymoon but is VERY expensive and a little 'aloof'.

Kent
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Elies Resort,Sifnos, Greece

The Ellies resort did definately not look worth the money to us. We (my husband and I) have stayed in Kamares 4 times, the reason being that Kamares has the right sort of infrastructure for a great holiday: great wide sandy bay, couple of excellent bars on the beach and a range of very good tavernas serving traditional Greek food. It is easily the best beach/bay on Sifnos. We usually stay at the Stavros hotel in Kamares but it sounds like you should look at The Delphini. This hotel is on the other side of the bay from Kamares town (only a 10 - 15 minute walk). It has stunning views across the bay and out to sea. The infinity pool is fantastic and the rersturaunt serves good food (we have spent quite a few days at the Delphini when we needed a break from the beach and always found it quiet, peaceful and friendly. There are a few tavernas and one good bar 'Follies' on this side of the bay but again its not a long walk round into Kamares town (which is more like a village really).

When we visited Vathi and walked around the Ellies resort we were quite shocked at how the location of such a hyped hotel was so poor. The beach at Vathi is very small and thin with hardly any sand. There didn't seem to be many tavernas or any other sort of life. The bay is much smaller than Kamares or seemed much more claustrophobic, Kamares gives you the option of nice strolls to the harbour around the bay etc, this is something you can not really do at Vathi.

I hope this helps if you need any more advice let us know

Alex

6. Re: Elies Resort,Sifnos, Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 am, August 18, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos