We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamares beach - sunbeds

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
56 posts
211 reviews
Save Topic
Kamares beach - sunbeds

Hello destination Sifnos,

I would like to know about some beach "protocol" at Kamares; how are sunbeds, prices, best deals...:-)?

Thank you so much.

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

Last year they laid them out at the end of May, to commence on the 1st June. We paid 6 euro`s but this was returned as they were not all laid out! Very generous.

We go to Sifnos in 10 days time, a little earlier this year. Staying the first 4 nights of our island hop, calling at Milos, Ios, Naxos, Syros and Kos. Can`t wait!

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
163 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

We were there in Mid September last year and there were only 4 / 5 umbrella's and beds available and I think we paid €6 too.

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
56 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

Thank you! What about Vathi beach and Poulati? I suppose those are worth of a daytrip:-)..

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

Hello, I dont know Poulati but Vathi is very nice. Don`t miss Kastro, lovely village and great views.

We will be on Sifnos in 48 hours!

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
56 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

Yes, Kastro is on our list! Happy holidays!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

Hi everyone! It's nice to see questions about Sifnos, but I'm afraid I have to admit that I know nothing about sunbeds! I love Kamares, but I sit in a taverna and look up at the mountains! File 101 - Poulati is gorgeous! There is a actually a road now down to the point where you go down the steps to the sea (There isn't an actual beach but there are big flat rocks to sit on. One of my favourite places to swim, but still chilly at the moment, I think!) It's a lovely walk along the cliff to or from Kastro, or down from Artemonas. The little church of the Virgin which overlooks the bay is really beautiful, but it's hardly ever open. Vathi is a lovely village, with some great tavernas - my favourite is Oceanida, right on the beach. It's also a lovely drive by bus or car along the road from Apollonia, looking down on the villages and the sea. If there's any info I can help with, do ask! I've got my own boat ticket for Sunday - terrifyingly close, as nothing is ready!

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
56 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

Thank you NikolettaG!

We will be on Sifnos in mid of june, at that moment there should be warmer, am I correct :-)? What about tourists, already a high-season?

Counting days here - NikolettaG; have a nice time you too!

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

Hi File 101! Well, it s really warm here in Athens at the moment! The island tends to be a bit cooler though - I froze to death on my first night when I came for ten days in April, but fortunately there was heating in my room, and the days were getting warmer, anyway. Tourists? We don't have 'tourists' on Sifnos, just 'visitors', and it' won't be near high season in June!

When I was teaching in London, we did come during the English school holiday, in July-August, but even then there weren't the crowds you get in resorts which attract visitors from outside Greece. June is beautiful on Sifnos - is there any chance you'll be there on the 12th-13th? This year that's the date of THE most important festival on the island - Ascension Day. For one evening and the following day the island WILL be full of visitors, and many priests in colourful robes, including the Archbishop of the Cyclades. The main events, involving the most holy icon of the island, take place on the promontory with the church of the Virgin, at Chrysopigi: there will be eating and drinking all night (all free, of course!) with buses taking the visitors back and forth. Even if your visit doesn't coincide with the festival, it's still a wonderful time to be there! I'll be coming back to Athens to meet some TA friends on the 1st of June, then I plan to be back there until about the 16th June. Do let me know if I can help with any info, etc. Enjoy your preparations!

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
56 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

These visitors are arriving at 14th of June, unfortunately missing this event! I am sure Sifnos will be exactly what we are looking for:-), I am travelling with my teens.

Thank you for all this great information! I am eager to find a hiking map, hope to get one when on Sifnos:-).

Kamala, Thailand
Level Contributor
580 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kamares beach - sunbeds

I've been on Sifnos in early June and also August. There were no sun beds out on Kamares in early June. In Aug last year didn't use K beach - mainly Heronissos, Kastro, Vathy & name escapes me - no beds or umbrellas so bought our own brolly. On Milos, 5 euro for 2 beds & 1 brolly.