We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

Irish Chick
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

Hi,

Does anyone know if I book accommodation in Sifnos for September will I be able to get there from Santorini where I intend spending a couple of days first.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

It's lilkely that there'll be two or three ferries a week so until the timetables are announced you won't know whether there is one on the day you want to travel. Alternative routes involving a connection in Paros or Milos will probably require an overnight stop in one of those islands.

High Wycombe
Level Contributor
160 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

I think it is unlikely there will be a direct connection between Santorini & Sifnos but keep looking at the ferry sites as they do get updated. Despite Paros being the "next door island" connections to Sifnos are not that good. Aqua Jewel is probably your best bet as this is running round the Cyclades again this summer but as mikets said you will probably need to spend a night on Paros to catch this ferry as it will probably be an early morning departure. Connections from Milos to Sifnos are much better so that might be a better option in terms of arriving on Sifnos if you can find a ferry from Santorini to Milos.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,332 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

Usually no need for booking accomodation in September.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

I agree with islandhopper: usually there's only a direct connection between Santorini/Sfnos at the height of the summer. But as periscope says, booking a room in September won't be a problem - you'll have lots of choice! I plan to be there myself in September - I'm just about to leave after a wonderful three+ weeks - the weather is incredible!

Essex
Level Contributor
1,063 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

A twice-weekly direct connection continued until at least November last year - it's the only link between the mainland and the islands of Folegrandros and Sikinos so some service has to run year-round.

Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
1,710 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

Has there been any news about ferry connections Santorini to Sifnos yet? We are really hoping to get to Sifnos around Oct.1 but uncertainty about ferries is causing some angst.

We would need to get to Athens on Oct 4

7. Re: Travelling from Santorini to Sifnos in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 29, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos