We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lodging

quebec
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
lodging

good day My question is that I am looking for a non-expensive place to stay for 4 nights in july 2011. Looking for a great area with beach restaurants all in walking distance if possible. Bed and breakfast would be ok also. Since our plane tickets are so expensive I need to cut back expenses on lodging. This is also my 25th wedding anniversary trip so this is a special trip. Thanks for your help and have a great day.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lodging

Hi

We are staying on Sifnos at the beginning of June and we booked through this agent - they are very good.

http://www.thesaurus.gr/sifnos.htm

We have stayed on Sifnos many times (around 20 times) and we always use this agency.

Happy Silver

quebec
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lodging

hi nomadictravel.. thanks for your response. wow 20 times therefore this island must be great to visit. which place are you staying at thanks

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
176 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lodging

Most of the time we stay at Mosha Rooms in Kamares - they are quite basic rooms but they have a fridge and toilet and shower, and they are run by a really nice family. We have also stayed down at Faros and that is very nice if you want a quiet place. Chrisso Pigi is also nice and Vathi is another great place to stay.

This time we really need wifi as we are working so we are staying at Morfeas studios in Kamares.

So there is lots of choice for you. Kamares is the port so there is lots of tavernas and other things going on. Faros is a fairly remote beach place with some fairly good places to eat. Chrisso Pigi has very little accommodation, though it is just round the bay from Faros, and it has the best resaurant in Sifnos. It is the one right on the beach (there is another one which is just at the back of the beach) but the best is on the beach. you can often choose your swordfish or tuna and sit down and wait for the most marvellous freshly cooked fish to arrive.

Enjoy!

Komotini, Greece
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lodging

We just stayed at Morpheas in Kamares a few weeks ago. The rooms were fine (we had two) but the bathrooms were a little too basic for my taste (no differentiation between shower area and rest of bathroom area). The internet was welcome! The family that runs it was very friendly and even gave us gifts when we left. The location was really good as we could walk around Kamares but were not in town, and also could park the car easily.

5. Re: lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 01, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos