We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sifnos second week in september

korinthos
9 posts
Save Topic
sifnos second week in september

Hi,

We are planning to go to Sifnos the second week in September and looking to stay at Morfeas Pension in Kamares.Because we like to walk everywhere, would this be a good location to be based? We are looking for a quiet area without to much traffic.

Any insight to what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

KA

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: sifnos second week in september

Morfeas Pension is a very good choice,. Firstly it's located on tne road behind the beach, enroute to Agia Marina part of Kamares {this is the rocky outcrop far end of the beach}, although centrally located {in the middle of the long stretch of beach, let's say}, but in quiet surroundings. It's located just before the camping, and almost on the beach {50 m or so}. Good small pension, built in 2000, good amenities. Ask for an upper room floor with balcony,mid Sept, you may not even need to book,

korinthos
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sifnos second week in september

Thanks so much Diana!!!

Los Angeles
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: sifnos second week in september

Hi KA,

I was in Sifnos in 2000 and in 2002. One year I stayed in Kastro and the other year in Kamares. I enjoyed much more my time in Kamares but it was mostly because of the company.

If you want to see most of the island, which i definitley recommend, you will need to rent a car or a scooter but Kamares in September should be pretty calm.

If you are looking for a really quiet area, I would choose Vathi. It's much more isolated from everyday boat traffic than Kamares and has I think I nicer beach.

Apollonia is very nice as well but you are far from the beach.

This site can be helpful in guiding you in your <a href="dogreece.com/cyclades_islands/sifnos_greece.…">Sifnos Vacation</a> if you don't know much about the island.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that you should definitely go to Chrisopigi for a swim if the winds are calm. The waters were crystal clear both times i was there. Not much of a sandy beach but water was Cold, clear and deep blue. My favorite.

korinthos
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: sifnos second week in september

Hi Jonesetta,

Thanks so much for your info and advice!

We were planning to rent a motorbike to explore the other areas as well.It looks like we can't go wrong where ever we stay here.

You are right, with the right company,it relly does not matter!!

Be well and thank you

Kim

5. Re: sifnos second week in september

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, February 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos
Recent Conversations