We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niriedes Hotel - THE place to stay while in Sifnos

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
164 reviews
Save Topic
Niriedes Hotel - THE place to stay while in Sifnos

For some strange reason this hotel cannot be found on TripAdvisor - and I don't know how to add a hotel.

We just stayed there for a week - and while the pictures on the web site are fantastic being there is 10 times better. Very very good. Combines the best of a family pension with a first class hotel.

http://www.niriedeshotel.gr/

Paris, France
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Niriedes Hotel - THE place to stay while in Sifnos

Hello

we are planning to stay at the niriedes for a week (booked already) end of august i'm glad to hear that the hotel is even better than the website (would love to hear even more about it as there is no reviews)

Also how is the food at the hotel and is there any nearby good tavern next to it? Thank you very uch for your answer

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
4 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Niriedes Hotel - THE place to stay while in Sifnos

The hotel is situated with a beatiful view over the bay of Platy Gialos.

You'll enjoy the breakfast at the hotel restaurant. The owners father in law is a baker in the main city, Apollonia. Every morning you'll be served fresh bread, croissant, pain au chocolat - whether they can actually compete with french quality I look forward to learn.

There are many good restaurants at the beach close to the hotel. You just go down the stairs and you'll be situated on a beatiful beach. Most tavernas are traditional greek with everything as expected. However, the beach also has a TRUE italian restaurant, Mamma Mia, that serves ITALIAN food. After some days of greek food it was a great experience (I love greek food, especially the starters, but after a week I must admit that I find the food a little boring :-)).

Btw - if you have the time the small village in the north of the island, Herronissos is a beatiful spot, not to mention the old capital Kastro. Faros and Vathi might be worth a visit - I didn't really find them that much different from Platy Gialos.

Paris, France
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Niriedes Hotel - THE place to stay while in Sifnos

Thanks for your answer will let you know after my trip

SF
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Niriedes Hotel - THE place to stay while in Sifnos

This hotel is nice enough. The breakfasts get a little boring after a while...the same old pastries and bread/cheese every day. It's a steep hike down into the town so beware. The owner is nice enough...though not overly warm in personality...and his wife kids (who live there) don't get in the way too much.

The town is nice (small) with the usual Greek fare on offer....plus an Italian if you fancy a pizza.

5. Re: Niriedes Hotel - THE place to stay while in Sifnos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos