We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live Traditional Greek Music on Sifnos

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
13 helpful votes
Live Traditional Greek Music on Sifnos

I will be traveling to Sifnos for 10 days at the end of August 2019. We are interested in beaches and hiking during the day, which I know I can find on Sifnos, but want to hear live Greek bouzouki/rebetiko music in the evenings. I have been told to plan to go to Apollonia for this but can't identify any specific restaurants or tavernas to look for. Anybody know where I can find live, traditional, Greek music on Sifnos in August?

4 replies to this topic
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
5,115 posts
1,208 reviews
663 helpful votes
1. Re: Live Traditional Greek Music on Sifnos

Sorry - I cannot think of anywhere - Apollonia will be very busy in August so you may find somewhere, though many of the bars are upmarket trendy ones.

Bethesda, Maryland
Level Contributor
8 posts
31 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Live Traditional Greek Music on Sifnos

Is there another island in the Cyclades that would be better for traditional Greek entertainment? I have been to Naxos, Paros and Syros, and was able to find what I was looking for, but don't want to repeat an island.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
4,162 posts
97 reviews
320 helpful votes
3. Re: Live Traditional Greek Music on Sifnos

Coming in a bit late here bit thought I'd add on our last trip to the Cyclades the only place we found the Bouzouki was on Milos. Quite a few places too.

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Live Traditional Greek Music on Sifnos

Hey just wondering where on Milos you found bouzouki music? :)

Reply to: Live Traditional Greek Music on Sifnos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sifnos