We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 day Itinerary

Centreville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
4 day Itinerary

Hi,

We are arriving in Oia Friday morning Aug. 19 and have 4 days. We are not renting a car and would like to take taxi/bus to these places.

I have already planned a boat trip to the Caldera/snorkel Aug. 20 so I figure we will stay around Oia that day.

That leaves 2 days to see:

Pyrgos

Wineries

Akotiri

Red beach (is the Red beach easy to get to without car?) This one not a priority since we will see it on the boat tour.

Fira for dinner one night

What is the best way to see most of these places with public transportation? Should I book a winery tour? Or is there easy ways to see them from Pyrgos via bus/walking?

Thanks!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
23,551 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 day Itinerary

Regarding the Red Beach - please read this on the "Top questions about Santorini":

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189…

Centreville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 day Itinerary

Thank you for the heads up...will just see it from the boat then:)

indy
Level Contributor
257 posts
895 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4 day Itinerary

we say akrotiri, Pyrgos, Megalochori and Porfitis Ilias in an afternoon without rushing. Starting at noon and finishing with dinner around 7pm in Pyrgos at Restaurant Rosemary (recommend the fava and fish pie here).

we had a car so with public transport it could take a day and still git a winery in.

you might consider getting a quad for the day. they were all over the island.

Note: after you visit Akrotiri walk down the street opposite the entrance in a few hundred yards you'll be at a small beach. not the best beach but makes a nice break if you are waiting for the next bus.

sounds like you are staying in Pyrgos. if you run out of things to do, you might consider going to Ancient Thira and then visit the black beach at the base of the hill in Kamari.

Centreville...
Level Contributor
50 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 day Itinerary

Thanks, we are staying in Oia. So it is possible to visit Prygos and wineries via public bus? Don't want to rent an Atv or car. I know there is a bus from Oia to Akrotiri and wanted to hit Pyrgos and wineries in way back. Or if there is a better tour for this that would work too. Thanks

5. Re: 4 day Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 12, 2017