We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini Shops

Lowestoft, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Santorini Shops

Hello I am going to santorini at the end of August next year,

With all the restrictions at the airports in England, I will not be taking so much with me, Toiletries wise ( shampoo , Suntan Lotion ect)

can any one tell me are these sort of things readly available in the shops at Perrisa at a reasonable price, as this is a smaller Island than I am used to,( love Samos ) Also have anyone been to Arapiou Apartments in Perrisa, thanks for any advise you can give me.

Suzzan

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini Shops

Not to worry, each village has several markets and shops that will offer all sorts of these toiletries for sale.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini Shops

Check on the BAA web site but I am pretty sure you can take on board these items as long as you buy them once you have gone through security, there is a Boots at Gatwick. IME things like this, esp sun tan lotion, is substantially cheaper in the UK.

cheshire, uk
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini Shops

Hi Suzzan,

I work for an airline, you can take all of these things, just pack them in your hold luggage. At present you cannot take liquids or gels in your hand/ carry on baggage into the aircraft cabin.

Who knows, by next year these restrictions may have been lifted.

Enjoy your hols,

Annette

perissa santorini
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
1,511 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santorini Shops

Dear

dont warry I agree with brotherleelove, santorini has many many store, you can find any you want. Now I propose you to book hotel independent.

Perissa is nice place for beach and oia the most nice place for view.

Austin
Level Contributor
13 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santorini Shops

Suzzan,

I am very particular about the products I use and we like to carry on all of our luggage, so we don't have to worry about lost luggage. I am hoping to ship my shampoo, conditioner, etc. to the hotel prior to my visit. I wonder if anyone else has tried this idea or if the cost would be out of control?

Lynn

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,184 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santorini Shops

I've sent packages to Santorini before. It's not the cost that I think is the problem, it's the timing. If you're in Europe it'll probably not be such a risk, but from here in the States you can never tell when something's going to get there. Perhaps if you use DHL or FEDEX or some other international shipper you can control that more effectively. Just be sure your hotel knows it's coming.

Paris , France
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Santorini Shops

Hi susan , less than a 1000 meters from the beach in Perissa

there is Arvanitis Super market with reasonable prices for the local people and not tourist only...

If you'll have a moped or car is less than 5min from Perissa in the main road

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1121-Follow_th…

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santorini Shops

"I am very particular about the products I use ...... I am hoping to ship my shampoo, conditioner, etc. to the hotel prior to my visit. I wonder if anyone else has tried this idea or if the cost would be out of control?"

tell me this is a joke, yes?

Paris , France
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Santorini Shops

Hi loeitheuk.

unfortunatelly today with the open market there is a strong possibility to find everywhere in an E.E.C your products ...

I don't mean they aren't good enough, but as a part of discover a different culture , very probably somewhere else on this palanet peole may use something that you should pleased to find during your visit and even more pleased to take it back with you...

This is how spaggeti, ice cream and coffe, tea , tomatoes, saffron poivre[piper], came in our lifes

etchttp://www.tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i1121-Follow_the_swallows_in_Santorini.html

leicester
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Santorini Shops

suzzan,

we came back from a fantastic 2 week stay at the Arapiou apartments in june of this year, you will have a fantastic time, the family who own/run it are just great. Have a great time