We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in santorini

England
Level Contributor
99 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Weddings in santorini

Hello there,

Just got back last night from the beautiful island of Santorini but am still full of the joys of our wedding.

I feel that it's time that someone went on and gave a positive review of their experience. I used www.weddingsinsantorini.com and my planner was Aggeliki and I can say without question that in my experience she is the most amazing person - I cried when I had to leave! I just wanted to post this to stop brides worrying, I was also worried after having been on here a few times so I felt it only right that I tell you about my experience. We had our ceremony and reception at the Selene.

When we arrived we met with Aggeliki straight away at a time that was convenient to us - she went over everything that we had asked for and made any relevant changes - the office is really nice with a big white futon for the bride and groom to sit on and a big flat screen TV where you watch your wedding video after the big event. I had asked for some flowers that they had never done before and I can honestly say they were fabulous - I had gold wire (and they got real gold) with swarovski crystals and cream roses, they managed to find a ribbon that matched my colour scheme perfectly as well. Aggeliki and lady called Helen worked until 3 in the morning getting the flowers ready -and they were just breath taking!

I met with or spoke to Aggeliki every day and when you meet her, in my experience, she has such a calming influence on you, my Mother worries about everything and she even managed to calm her down! The company were really professional, there were 3 planners on the day including Aggeliki and they all had a uniform on so that my guests knew who to ask if they needed anything, they even all had head sets to make sure that all the timings were perfect and went according to plan.They were running round after everyone and really couldn't have done any more.

The photographer was fantastic - I would recommend using who they suggest - his name was ipokratis Alexiou and we have some amazing photographs, they know the light and which angle to do things from. I am trying to upload my photos today so if anyone wants to see any just e-mail me and I will send them to you (swifty79@fsmail.net)

During the ceremony we had our own vows and 2 readings - they are fine with you if you want to change those - the only thing that they need advance warning of is if you want to change the wording of what the celebrant says at the end - we asked for this a couple of months in advance so that the celebrant can practise and learn as he cannot speak much english - he said exactly what we asked and it was great. every detail that we asked for was attended to.

Weddings in santorini made us feel like royalty on the big day - we just loved every second of it!

We were married on the 9th and had our photographs and DVD on the 11th in the morning, they are all fantastic.

I stayed in the aressana the night before the wedding and the room was big enough for me and my 3 bridesmaids to get ready in - it was really clean - the reception desk staff were extremely helpful and the room was lovely (they even give you slippers and bath robes). I suppose I am trying to say that from our experience, we could not have wished for anything more it will hold a special place in our hearts forever.

Just another note on Aggeliki as I had seen things written about her before we left, in our experience, she is great. I decided to go with my gut instinct and trust her and I am so glad I did. She knows the names of every bride that is booked with them until the end of 2007, she know the location and date of each of those weddings off the top of her head, she truly loves planning weddings and she made ours so very special.

Sorry this post is so long but I wanted to share my experience as I have been coming to this board for over 2 years now and wanted to share.

Thanks

Milton Keynes
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings in santorini

Congratulations, good to hear everything went so well. I would like to see some photographs please, you have my email address already.

Many thanks

Ali

2. Re: Weddings in santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:17 pm, August 24, 2009