We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island hopping

Pembroke Dock...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Island hopping

Hi There can you please help we are going to Greece in September with Thomas Cook Island Hopping flying to Santorini for one night then ferry to Paros for four nights, then ferry to Naxos for four nights and finaly ferry back to Santorini for five nights, We are looking to pack as much in as possible we both like to walk and try to end up at a beach each day.. we do not mind taking a bus if they can be relided on or a taxi if not to dear...also is it possible to go to Mykonos from Paros or Naxos for a day trip and is it worth it.

all suggestions graetfuly recived..

if you have done this trip i would like to know what towns and hotels you stayed at and what restaurants you recomend.

thanks in advance sunonmybum and betterhalf

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,613 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Island hopping

I suggest you click on the Greece forum button and read the sticky at the top of the page entitled 'Possible pitfalls when planning an island itinerary'.

When you've read that, you may get more suggestions by posting your question on the Greece forum.

Good luck, but personally I think you're trying to fit too much in.

Pembroke Dock...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island hopping

thanks for that will look at that one. sunonmy bum

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,181 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Island hopping

Day excursions from Naxos:

greeka.com/cyclades/…naxos-tours.htm

Pembroke Dock...
Level Contributor
14 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island hopping

Thank you for that, the Mykonos and Delos one is what i want and the dates fit Thanks again

sunonmybum

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island hopping

Hi,

Can't help with a TC package as I have never used them, but I have stayed on Santorini, Naxos, Paros, Mykonos many times.

All buses on those islands are reliable with reasonable coverage.

You can do the Paros(Naoussa)/Naxos excursion to Delos/Mykonos, but I would warn you it's often a rough crossing on a smallish crowded boat and you don't really get long enough on Delos.

I would reckon on leaving that to another trip as you can fly direct UK to Mykonos. The boats from Mykonos directly give more time on Delos.

It's handy to have a decent map for Delos for a targeted wander.

For walking routes there are many listed on Google Earth > Gallery > Wikiloc.

One I do on Paros from Piso Livadi is partially listed here but I just carry along the coast from Chrisi Akti to Drios. There are buses back from Piso Livadi/Drios to Paros town or Naoussa.

www.wikiloc.com/wikiloc/view.do?id=306700

UK
Level Contributor
21 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island hopping

Hello there, we are planning on doing this same holiday next June, but there is no information as to where you stay, it just says 3 star b & b . Do you know any more about this please ? Thank you for your help.

7. Re: Island hopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, July 27, 2015