We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-budget hotel with pool and caldera view?

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
107 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Mid-budget hotel with pool and caldera view?

We're also thinking about Santorini for our honeymoon destination this summer, 7 days. I've looked around for hotels but it starts to feel a bit hard to tell them apart and to know which one would be the best - and is there anything for max 150 euros per night with caldera views (about three stars)? We'd absolutely like that if we come to Santorini, but maybe we won't be able to afford it? So far it's hard to find anything else than luxury hotels at the right location. Thanks for your help!

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid-budget hotel with pool and caldera view?

Have you decided on which village yet? The ones with the caldera view are Oia, Imerovigli, FIrastefani and Fira. You can use the filter system on www.booking.com to help narrow down some choices.

The star system doesn't actually mean anything, to be honest. Its really what facilities they have that dictate their level (i.e., a hotel with 24-hour reception will have a higher rating than one with limited hours of reception).

If you want private jacuzzi, then a hotel with those is going to cost more than one without.

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
107 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid-budget hotel with pool and caldera view?

Thanks, I haven't really decided on village, I guess you can still travel between the villages fairly easy? We're more interested in the view and a nice hotel.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,680 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid-budget hotel with pool and caldera view?

Yes, the buses are frequent and inexpensive, if a little crowded in high summer. Its currently on the winter timetable, but there'll be more added as the days get longer. http://www.ktel-santorini.gr

If it helps - I've stayed here before. Lots of stairs to access and more in the 'budget' range when it comes to caldera hotels, but friendly staff and stunning view. They don't have room service - by that I mean, they won't deliver your breakfast to your room but you're welcome to take your tray back to your balcony yourselves. The beds can be a little hard (if I had to criticise anything). http://www.scirocco-santorini.com

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
107 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid-budget hotel with pool and caldera view?

Thank you! I will definitely check this out!

5. Re: Mid-budget hotel with pool and caldera view?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, February 08, 2015