We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini Wedding

Cavan, Ireland
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Santorini Wedding

Hi,

I'm getting married in June 2014 in Santorini. We're having the ceremony in Dana Villas and reception at Theros Beach Bar. There are 60 guests coming to the wedding. I am looking into hotels for guests at the moment as I want to be able to recommend some places for people to stay. We are coming from Ireland and there are no direct flights so as people are making the effort to come over I want to be able to offer as much advice as I can! Any advice on this would be gratefully received! I am also stuck on a place for myself and fiance to stay at, as we will be going over a few days before the wedding but will need separate rooms the night before (obviously ;)) and would like somewhere I can stay with my bridesmaids and mum to help with the preparation!! And then again night of the wedding I would like a place with a lovely honeymoon suite. I don't know whether to go for a hotel or apartment as I can't seem to find many villas or apartments. I think we'll stay in Fira as it is probably the best place for things to do for our guests. We were over in May this year and stayed in Kamari which is beautiful but think Fira might have more to offer.

Any recommendations anyone has on hotels/villas/suites is very much appreciated!!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,239 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini Wedding

For such a complex situation your best option is to use a booking search engine with a filter system such as http://www.booking.com so you and your guests can find what you need in the price range you can afford. We are at a disadvantage when it comes to making recommendations to you because of the range of pricing on the island and not knowing what's in and/or above your budgets. Reviews of the hotels are available both here on TA as well as on the booking website I gave you.

Edited: 4:58 pm, October 02, 2013
London
Level Contributor
435 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini Wedding

I'd suggest you research the cheaper, mid range, and more expensive options in each town. You can then present some in Kamari and Perissa as more cost effective, beach resorts, and Fira / Oia / Firostefani which often are more expensive. I'd suggest the important thing is to give your guests a chance to choose how much money they spend.

3. Re: Santorini Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, October 05, 2014