We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I split my stay in Oia and Imerovigli in Dec ?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
32 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Should I split my stay in Oia and Imerovigli in Dec ?

We are a family of three planning to be in Santorini for 3-4 nights between

December 23rd and 27th. I have three questions ...

1) Do I split my stay 2 nights each in Oia ad Imerovigli ?

Are the views different ?

2) I know most of the hotels might be closed there but I have chosen these out of the ones available...I need to choose one each in Oia and Imerovigli if I am splitting the days so which ones are better ? any inputs will be welcome.

Rocabella, On the rocks & Blue Dolphin apartment in Imerovigli

Stogili House, Residence Suites and 160 degree Thea hotel in Oia

3) We are only interested in sightseeing and just chill out peacefully in santorini...considering that how do you think that december can be a good time to visit or not ? Will the restaurants/shops are open ?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Imerovigli
Imerovigli
Santorini, Greece
Rocabella Santorini Hotel & Spa
Rocabella Santorini...
976 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,545 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should I split my stay in Oia and Imerovigli in Dec ?

I wouldn't bother to split your visit into two villages as you lose at least half a day transferring between hotels. Make your decision as to where you want to stay and go with that.

I cant link at the moment, but I suggest you do a search for a trip report by a TA member called Lalyil entitled 'My winter visit to Santorini'. They stayed in Oia in February, which might answer some of your questions about Santorini off-season.

Mentioned in this post
Oia
Oia
Santorini, Greece
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
32 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Should I split my stay in Oia and Imerovigli in Dec ?

Thank you Kennydon for your suggestions. I will definitely search for Lalyii's trip report. In the meantime, if you can let me have your advice - which one is a better place to stay ......if both offers different view of the sea/caldera/sunset or not ? If not, then probably it would be easier for me to choose one.

thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
15,545 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Should I split my stay in Oia and Imerovigli in Dec ?

Sorry - I've been without internet connection since my last response. Here's the previous trip report I was talking about: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g482941-i9230-k6…

Personally, I tend to prefer a caldera view as I like to look at everything going on (ships passing, etc.), which you can do all day, as opposed to the sunset which is only once a day. You can always find a spot for sunset viewing, which won't be all guaranteed at that time of year anyway. But I'm usually in Fira when I have a caldera view.

Mentioned in this post
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
4. Re: Should I split my stay in Oia and Imerovigli in Dec ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 05, 2014