We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
35 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

If anyone is considering renting a car on Santorini - I can wholeheartedly recommend Easy Rental/Accordo (www.santorini-rent-a-car,com). A friend and I rented a brand new Fiat 500 Cabriolet (automatic) in late May 2013. Both the service (delivery at the port and pick-up at the airport) as well as the car itself were fantastic.

Whitley Bay, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

Thanks for this post. We are looking to hire a car so will take heed. Roughly how much was it & for how long? Thanks

Sam

Piraeus, Greece
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

you can try their new website as well www.santorinieasyrent.com

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
292 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

We have just reserved with them for our trip in early September. They were The most responsive out of all the companies we contacted and their prices seemed very good. You can get a an instant quote on their website. Please, post your review if you end up renting from them!

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

They are great until problems occur.

Long story short: honeymoon trip, Santorini, google map route to the airport, got stuck in a narrow road, scratched the car on both sides.

We signed a contract with them stating that the maximum deduction we'll have to pay is 300 euros (we were not at all "off road") for any damage caused. Returned the car at the airport, told the guy that we know about the damage, apologized, he said it's ok and have a safe flight. When we got to Athens 1 hour later they have processed 2 transactions of 300 euros each on my husband's credit card without notifying us first. They refused to send us the original copy of the contact and told us paying them 600 euros is not us doing them a favor (either poor customer service or lost in translation).

I think my issue with them is they charged us without notice and there's no way for us to prevent them from doing so. Also, there are many narrow roads in Santorini, stick with the big ones if possible, or else they may be accused of driving off road / dangerous driving / drunk driving by them!

Edited: 11:55 am, May 11, 2014
Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

Oops I meant YOU will be accused of!

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

I see I am not the only one cheated by them .

I rented a car some weeks ago at Easyrental Santorini. The car was in real bad condition, full of dents and scratches. I didn't mind as I knew that I was paying a low cost rental. Georges, the contact at Easyrental, said at the pick-up: "don't worry, we don't mind small damages".

What an error! I trusted him and I spent my holidays. I dropped the car and left the island by flight. 10 minutes after leaving the car, I got an email claiming for an undetected damage (one of the several already existing when I got the car). Exactly as you explain Kisdeedee. And charging a fee of 65€ in my credit card to repair it.

They sent me a fake receipt with a fake signature.

This is a typical dirty trick by these guys, seems that it has happened to other people. They charge you small quantities hoping to avoid legal claims from you.

Be carefull with these people. Take pictures to the car at pick up.

If you want more info or they did it to you too, please contact me at easyrental_santorini_cheats@outlook.com (I opened an email account to collect the claims) or answer this post.

London, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

Be carefull or you will get cheated by these people. Don't trust Georges or the other guy, Filaretos. Check the posts below.

- Make pictures of the car at pick-up

- Notice any damages in the contract, ANY

- Cancel your credit card before leaving the island,

or they will charge you for damages that you have not done, without requesting authorization and taking advantage of the fact that you may never come back to the island.

Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

Watching this with interest as we have a car reserved with them in the next couple of weeks...

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
292 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

Vegasshowgirl, please, post a review here upon return! We also have a car reserved with them for September ( did this upon reading the OP) and now now are getting a bit concerned....

Level Contributor
126 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendation for car rental: Accordo/Easy Rentals

I been liasing with these about potential rental in September, and when questioned about recent comments, told me to go elsewhere!!