We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get to santorni from where? Athens?

Spring Creek...
Level Contributor
5 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
How do I get to santorni from where? Athens?

I don't really want to go anywhere but santorni. I read its inexpensive to. Is that true? (Us dollar)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get to santorni from where? Athens?

Aegean Airlines and Olympic Air, Greece's 2 domestic airlines, both fly from Athens to Santorini as well as from other international European airports to Athens. Other companies from outside Greece do offer some direct, non-stop charter flights during the peak summer season. Check EasyJet from London and Rome and BluExpress from Rome.

Accomodations start at around €25/night and go up into the stratosphere, so it really depends on when you go, where on the island you choose to stay, what you can afford and what you require in terms of amenities/facilities.

Edited: 4:04 pm, May 31, 2013
Ohio
Level Contributor
280 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get to santorni from where? Athens?

Hello

We spent 5 nights on Santorini last month and wish we has 5 more. It can be expensive but doesn't have to be.

We stayed in Firostefini for 81€ / night with breakfast. Firostefini is walking distance to Fira where you will find some of the best price restaurants and shopping on the island. We averaged 40€/ night with wine and desert but you could pay less.

For lunch a gyro and salad will run you less the 10€. Drinking water on the island is reay cheap and beer is less the 3€ take away.

Advice

Pull money out of a ATM as needed- it is your best exchange. Eat at off the main strip places and grab a sandwich or gyro for lunch. Stay in Fira or Firostefini at a place that offers bed with breakfast. Santorini can be affordable if you try- it is without a doubt one of the most beautiful places I have seen.

Make sure you spend an afternoon on Kamari beach -

Have fun

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get to santorni from where? Athens?

www.booking.com is an excellent tool for finding a hotel you can afford with the facilities you require in the village you prefer.

4. Re: How do I get to santorni from where? Athens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 03, 2014