We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Itinerary - Suggestions Please:-)

Ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Itinerary - Suggestions Please:-)

Hi all,

Im going to Greece mid September for 10 nights. after doing some research im flying direct to Santorini and plan to spend 4 nights there and 3-4 on Paros leaving with a few nights to play with.

My main decision is whether to go to Athens and fly back from there or visit another island, maybe Naxos and fly back from Santorini again. I will be a solo female and enjoy the sights, hiking, sociailising, relaxing in lovely surrounding with a glass of wine etc. Ive heard mixed opinions about Athens so im wondering should i just see as much of the islands as i can instead.

Would you receommend booking accomdoation ahead of time for this time of year?

I would like to do a mix of budget and more top scale accomdoation so was thinking fo treating myself towards the end of the trip to a few nights of luxury.

I presume the ferries still run frequently at this time of year also?

Can anyone recommend day trips from Paros?

As i will be solo i would like to stay places that are safe to stroll around in the evenings where there will be a nice atmosphere.

Very excited about this trip and any suggestions would be very welcome. Thank you.

Molly

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,715 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Itinerary - Suggestions Please:-)

Book your accomodation on Santorini for 2 nights. If you like it on Santorini, you may stay longer. This is where you should treat yourself with the taste of luxury.

Naxos and Paros are on the main ferry route into Pireus. The Blue Star ferry take 2 hours to Naxos, and another hour to Paros. On Naxos and Paros you will be met by room-renter at the arrival of the ferry. have a look at their posters. Rooms are clean, with private bathroom, and usually a small kitchenett for you to prepare a light meal (if you like). Prices are low in mid-september, about 30 euro for a double room. You may negotiate the price for single use.

Both Naxos and Paros are safe to walk around, even in the nights. The people are very friendly by all means.

The inland villages of Naxos are well worth a visit. Bus station is close to the ferry port. Ask for the schedule and buy your tickets in the office signposted "KTEL". Todays schedule are found here naxosdestinations.com/images/…deseng.pdf but it may be changed till september. The villages Chalki, Filoti and Apeirantho are good places to visit. Apeirantho is the most special with marble covered streets and three different museums. In Chalki you find the Kitron destillery and also a local weaver.

From Naxos and Paros there wil also be an excurtion boat for a day-trip Delos and Mykonos. Ask in one of the local ticket offices.

Both Naxos and Paros have domestic airports with daily flights to Athens. www.olympicair.gr The planes are only 35 seats and early sold out. Air ticket from Naxos to Athens is 80 euros, while ferry ticket into Pireus is 35 euro. I often use the plane on my homebound trip, and find them very reliable.

Ireland
Level Contributor
177 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Itinerary - Suggestions Please:-)

Thank you for your helpful reply. Any suggestions for a hotel in Santorini, budget €70 p/night.

3. Re: Trip Itinerary - Suggestions Please:-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 30, 2014