We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thirasia

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
319 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Thirasia

I will be spending the week 7-14 April on Santorini and would like to visit the Island of Thirasia. I have read about the 8am ferry from near Oia. Is there any other way to visit - ideally I would like to be able to travel over to Thirasia in the morning, to walk to the south end of the island and to return and get back a ferry to the 'mainland' of Santorini by early evening? If there is no specific ferry is it possible to be able to hire someone to ferry us across and come and collect us later in the day (kind of like a water 'taxi cab'!!!!????)

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,522 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thirasia

You can catch the same boat back that takes you over to the port of Riva at 8am, departing at 5pm from the port of Korfos. That's the last boat back for the day. It would be very wise to be down at Korfos no later than 4:30 in case they decide to leave early.

Edited: 7:37 pm, March 31, 2013
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,899 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thirasia

There are later ferries, I've stayed on Anafi which is why I know.

Some days of the week you have the interisland ferry enroute to Anafi for an overnight.

That leaves Riva 18:40 Tues, Sat and goes to Athinios.

The other early morning direction obviously does not work until the next day.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,826 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thirasia

Is there anything you specifically want to see on the island? You mention the southern portion, so I'm assuming the monastery at Komisi - stunning views but which has always been locked when I visit (just so you're prepared).

Are Christos, Potamos and Agrilia on your list of must-sees? I'm asking because if they are, you'll need to do more walking. Also, Riva consists of one street.

Let us know.

4. Re: Thirasia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, April 01, 2013
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
319 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thirasia

Thanks to all of you for all your help and information. I have a few ideas for what to see on Thirasia - but it depends on time. My main plan is to walk from the landing point (either Korfos or Aghia Irini and walk south to the Komisi/Kimisis monastery (just for the view). If there was time I would fo to Aghrilia or Potamos.

Martina thank you for your information and the reference to your blog - which is great! I love the pictures. I can't wait until I am on the island!

6. Re: Thirasia

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, April 02, 2013
7. Re: Thirasia

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 04, 2014