We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flights to santorini?

melbourne
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
flights to santorini?

Does anyone know about any charter flights going from Athens to santorini as the regular flights are all booked out? We'll be arriving to Athens airport on 5/June and I am getting a bit desperate! Also, I would like to know about any hydrofoils that are still likely to have available seats. Thank you all!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,776 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flights to santorini?

Regular flights at June 05 are NOT all booked out.

Check Aegean airlines online booking system at:

www.aegeanair.com/aegeanen/home/index.asp

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flights to santorini?

You don't say when you're arriving on the 5th but there are two Aegean Airlines flights available on that day from ATH-JTR, a morning flight at 6:05 and an evening flight at 8:20.

melbourne
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flights to santorini?

I arrive at 13:30 so 6am is not an option and 8pm is kind of late but I think I might have to take that one. Thanx for everyone's help.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,601 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flights to santorini?

There is always the ferry option there should be one to Santorini around 17:00 and one around 22:00. My preference would be for the one at 22:00. You won't need to book ferry tickets in advance in early June, just purchase your ticket on arrival in Piraeus (possibly the airport). Despite what any website may say ferries are rarely 'booked out' in June.

Shawnee, Ok
Level Contributor
100 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flights to santorini?

Would someone help me a decision. We are needing to book hotel rooms and I don't know which route is best. We will be in Rhodes and want to go to Santorini and to Mykonos and end up in Athens. Transportation from Rhodes appears to be a problem. Please suggest where to go first, how many days in each. We will have one week to spend between Santorini and Mykonos.

Thank you!!!!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flights to santorini?

MJteacher-It's important when asking for specific information to provide the same so the answers you receive pertain to your particular situation. When do you plan to make this trip? If you're thinking of using the ferry system your days of travel will be limited by the timetables of the ferries between Rhodes and these two islands.

Use www.gtp.gr

to see what's available. Plug in your dates and you'll see which route suits you best. You can get back to Athens from both Santorini and Mykonos by both air or ferry. From Mykonos the fastest route is through Rafina on a highspeed ferry. The regular car ferry from Santorini to Athens takes about 7.5 hours, the faster highspeed car ferry takes about 5.

7. Re: flights to santorini?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:43 am, August 13, 2009