We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will one week make a difference in terms of the weather?

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
303 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Will one week make a difference in terms of the weather?

We are just beginning to plan a trip to Athens and Santorini next year. We are trying to decide between the last two weeks of May or the last week of May, first week of June. Will it make much of a difference either way? I don't need to swim in the ocean, but I would like the temperature to be warm enough that we can sit outside at dinner and not freeze.

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
Level Contributor
187 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will one week make a difference in terms of the weather?

Sorry cg since I'm not really answering your question but just giving you a different approach.

I, too, was debating on which weeks in May to go next year. Two things helped me make up my mind. The hotel that I want to stay at increases it's prices from the 15th of May so I'll be staying there during the last week of the cheaper rate. I also checked the weather at wunderground.com. You select the area the world (Europe), then the country (Greece), and it breaks down further to areaas in the country (Santorini). There, you'll find something called Trip Planner, around midway down the screen. You give the time of the year that you're going (May 1 - May 31) and it'll pull up the weather for the past six years and give you both the average temperature of all six years and also temperatures for the individual years. And it also gives you info on showers, sunny, windy and other general items related to weather.

So now I'll be spending my 2nd week on Santorini then the last two weeks on the island of Capri in Italy, right before the June crowds.

Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,809 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will one week make a difference in terms of the weather?

It's a small distinction, one that's impossible to predict, but in general I'd say that the last week of May and the first week of June give you the best chance for good weather. You won't freeze no matter which time frame you choose, it won't be that cold. It'll be nice and warm for most of the time with some wind and clouds, but basically it'll be sunny.

3. Re: Will one week make a difference in terms of the weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:20 am, August 12, 2009
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travelers like you.
Join TripAdvisor