We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crete to Santorini

Viernheim, Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Crete to Santorini

Hi, I am trying to find a way to get from Crete (Heraklion) to Santorini via ferry in May. I've tried the major ferry websites and either the tickets aren't up for sale yet or the tickets are 60 Euros. I read somewhere that there is a 'traditional ferry' going this route that takes 4 hours and only costs 16 Euros, but this information was as of 2008. Does anyone know if this is still true or if there is a 'traditional', cheaper ferry going from Heraklion to Santorini? Thanks in advance!

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crete to Santorini

Yes, it is true but the 'traditional' ferry runs only once per week - on Sundays

…anek.gr/anek_prod/…Brochures_300_en.pdf

It's 19 euro now.

I've checked the Seajets' fares and it is 55 euro which is slightly more than last year. The Flying cat will be about the same when its timetables come out. This is the normal price you pay for high-speed catamarans on this route

Edited: 10:35 am, January 24, 2013
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crete to Santorini

Hi there

It's likely that the early summer schedules haven't been posted online yet. You have two choices to reach Santorini from Crete, either the fast catamaran service which takes about 2 hours, or a conventional large ferry which takes 4 hours, but is about a third of the fare of the cat. Both depart from Iraklion. Just do a dummy booking for as late as the schedules currently show, at least you'll have an idea as to what the fare will be. Someone will no doubt confirm this, but the regular ferries are far less frequent than the cats.

www.danae.gr

Edited: 10:38 am, January 24, 2013
Viernheim, Germany
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crete to Santorini

Thank you for your replies! They are both very helpful. It's too bad that it's so hard to find all the ferry schedules online for the summer right now, but hopefully we can still get everything figured out. I appreciate your help!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,137 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crete to Santorini

You can fly from Herk., can't recall the airlines but I don't think its much more then the ferry. I'm sure someone will opine on it.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,015 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crete to Santorini

In the past Sky Express has offered flights between Heraklion and Santorni but I don't think they fly that route in May. I think they charge €50 but their baggage allowances are strict as the planes are small.

http://www.skyexpress.gr

6. Re: Crete to Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 29, 2014