We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, can't decide between two hotels in Oia

Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
303 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Help, can't decide between two hotels in Oia

I am trying to decide between two places to stay while we are in Santorini in Greece next year, the 1864 Sea Captain's House and Art Maisons. Here are links to their websites

http://www.santorini-gr.com/

http://www.artmaisons.gr/

The first one (the Sea Captain's House) seems like the rooms, amenities, (bathrobes, flowers, candles lit for you in the evening, Jacuzzi tub) etc, are a little nicer and according to the reviews on tripadvisor, the owner is wonderful (you can rent one of his two cars for pretty cheap, and he has a sailboat that he takes people out on for sunset cruises), breakfasts amazing, etc. The downsides are that the balcony is shared with another room (we'd want the room called the Sailing Suite), and it appears from the website that the balconies don't have a full-on sunset view like some of the other hotels.

The second one, we would want to stay in Aspaki in the Endless Blue Suite. I love, love, love the huge private balcony w/ Jacuzzi, and from the reviews of this place on tripadvisor, it has the best sunset views on the island. Downsides are the bedroom is a loft, which means you have to use a ladder (big bummer) and it doesn't look as nice as the other place, and doesn't have all the nice amenities (no robes, flowers, nice big bathroom, etc.). I'm also curious about the Sunset Suite at the Old Castle, but as you can see, they don't have pictures of that place up on the website yet.

If anyone has stayed at either of these places, or has an opinion from looking at the websites, please let me know what you think! I am so torn, although I think my husband is leaning toward the Endless Blue suite. He doesn't care about the amenities like a big nice bathroom, robes, candles, flowers, etc, or the fact that the bed is in a loft in the Endless Blue suite. I love nice amenities of the Sea Captain's House, but its hard to turn down that private balcony in Endless Blue.

Thanks!

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help, can't decide between two hotels in Oia

NO CONTEST! The Aspaki Suites are fantastic. They are the most unique and wonderful houses in Oia if not on the whole island. I highly recommend them. If the bed situation isn't to your liking, why not just choose one of the others? They're all spectacular.

Houston
Level Contributor
947 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help, can't decide between two hotels in Oia

My vote would be for 1864 Sea Captain's House because we stayed there last year and loved it. I don't know anything about the other hotel, though. It sounds very nice as well.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
53 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help, can't decide between two hotels in Oia

I don't know how soon you plan to make a decision, but I'm taking the risk and staying at the Castle in June. It's suppose to begin operation May 15. I'll post my review when I return.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,402 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help, can't decide between two hotels in Oia

Mars, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The owner, Dimitris Nikolouzos, has an excellent sense of style and I can't wait to get back to Oia to see his newest creations.