We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

sadly, Dallas
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

Booked in ICONS through Expedia, after much waffling back and forth. Kirini was booked, as was Katikies. Have heard that this is a new luxury hotel, which would explain the fact that there's only one review on TA (which I rely on heavily!).

Still quite a few rooms left, but I'm guessing that this has to do with Expedia not having a star rating for it (it shows up at very bottom of list.) Does anyone have any information on this hotel? Advice? Reassurance? Thanks!!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

Just one review and it was written by me!

:-O

I cannot write anything adittional. I liked it. I sometimes hated the service but i liked it.

I know this sounds ambiguous, but this is the way i felt about this hotel.

Despite the things i disliked, i 'd go back again, That's because:

a. i think it is on an extravagantly beautiful location which i fall in love with.

b. it has a open belvedere's layout which i liked the most.

When i visited Oia, i envied Katikies service. I tried to get in the hotel's surroundings and i was immediately stopped. Everything smelled top service but when i saw the pool area from the opossite cliff, i found it so crowded, missing Icons pool immediately.

If you finnaly go, enjoy it the most.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

I 'll try uploading some photos. . .

sadly, Dallas
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

Thanks Nick! I'm hoping that the service issues were due to the newness of the hotel. Sometimes it takes awhile to get into the groove, hire the right people, etc. - that's what I'm telling myself because I'm already booked there!!

Do you know anything about Blue Palace in Crete? That one seems fairly new, too - and not a lot of reviews. Staying there for 5 nights free thanks to my Starwood hotel points!!

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

I am sorry, i am not familiar with this one, but the free nights seems good to me!

:)

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

Take a look at:

http://www.fotothing.com/nickTA/

It's 10 general photos from ICONS. Click older photos for all.

I 'll try to upload them in TA too in the following days.

sadly, Dallas
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

Is that the main pool in your photos? Looks very small.

Also, why is noone there - weren't those your vacation photos?

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

Yeah Nick.....why aren't you posing in the pictures looking sauve and "buff"? ;) ;) ;)

Annie

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,950 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

Hmm.

As a grouchy architect i shoot picky photos for my own use. So, i really try to shoot 'em people empty. I know that architecture is made for people, but hey: these are not just vacation photos. I woke up at 08.00 to shoot 'em, when everybody was sleeping!

Pool IS small. Don't even think that pools are going to be big on this island. Slope is so steep, that most caldera facing pools are at their most 5 - 6 metres wide.

As for me in the photos! Hey, i have some but i shall take a diet first and then get to the hotel again to take new photos.

You know, all these fantastic people that you see at tourist campaigns all over the world ( semigod and semigodess like ) are models who don't eat gyros or tzatziki or gemishta but only a leaf of lettuce for lunch. LOLOLOLOL.

9. Re: Does anyone know anything about ICONS hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 14, 2009