We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May 2013 - Planning

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,489 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
May 2013 - Planning

Hi all,

I'm once again in planning mode.

I've booked a return flight in the first week or so of May 2013 with Easyjet - I'll add the correct dates next week (they're at work).

I want to explore the eastern shore (walking), so I'm probably looking to find at hotel at Monolithos for a couple of nights. Recommendations needed for there, please.

Galini sounds like a good restaurant, so hopefully they'll be open that early in the year.

Then down to Akrotiri Beach (I quickly checked out the hotel whilst I was waiting for the bus last week) and I'll probably book direct as he indicated the rate would be less (and more chance of a better room) than if I went through Booking.com.

Then, more relaxing over at Jimmy's on Thirassia. Or, more walking.

If people are interested, I'm willing to show others the island (like last week).

Anyway, there's plenty of time, but all suggestions gratefully received.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,489 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May 2013 - Planning

Right, my dates are as follows:

Arrive: Tuesday, May 7, 2013 (18.40).

Depart: Tuesday, May 14, 2013 (19.20).

Current idea is stay the first two or three nights at Monolithos, since its the closest to get to from the airport. Then a couple of days of walking and exploring.

May 7-9 - checkout on May 10.

Then transfer over to Thirassia for three nights.

May 10-12 - checkout on May 13.

Transfer from Thirassia to Akrotiri for one night. Easy enough buses to and from hotel to bus station, then I can get a taxi to the airport, assuming there's no bus due to depart.

So, recommendations on the Monolithos hotel / restaurants / surrounding area please?

INDIA
Level Contributor
220 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May 2013 - Planning

Hi Kenny,

My guy cousin from Australia and I may be on Santorini at the same time b/w 7th-14th May 2013. Would be nice to meet up with someone from T.A. and wander around. Looking to stay in Fira. Go onto santorini.com. Just seen a nice restaurant on Monolithos beach.

3. Re: May 2013 - Planning

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, December 14, 2013