We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Were to stay in Santorini?

liverpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Were to stay in Santorini?

I am getting g married in Santorini next year and trying to decide on accommodation. I am looking to spend a week in Kamari before the wedding and a week in either Imerovigili or Oia for my honeymoon Can anyone suggest accommodation for these.

My budget for Kamari is about about 120 euro/night and for imerovigli or Oia about 240 euro/night.

for my honeymoon week I would like a hotel with a caldera view, pool and preferably a Jacuzzi. Where would be better to stay Oia or imerovigli?

any advice and tips would be much appreciated.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Were to stay in Santorini?

First go to www.booking.com and use the filter system to narrow down your choices to a manageable few. Start by entering 'Oia' or 'Imeroviglion'. There are reviews there as well. Then come back here to check for more reviews and more specific advice. Otherwise there are just too many to choose from and we don't know which ones you will find appealing.

Edited: 2:32 pm, August 26, 2012
liverpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Were to stay in Santorini?

I know the choice is overwhelming. Would you recommend staying in Oia or Imeroviglion? How far is the walk from imeroviglion to fire?

thanks for the quick reply.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Were to stay in Santorini?

Oia is the most beautiful village and has more to see and do, Imerovigli is quieter and has the best overall views of the caldera and the sunset. Depending on which hotel in Imerovigli you are in the walk is 1-2 miles long. Returning from Fira means walking uphill almost the whole way. The bus between Fira and Oia stops in Imerovigli.

liverpool
Level Contributor
26 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Were to stay in Santorini?

Thanks, is there many bars and restaurants in Imerogvigli? I am going in August?

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,821 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Were to stay in Santorini?

No, there are only a few restaurants. I don't know of any stand-alone bars.

Edited: 5:05 pm, August 28, 2012
6. Re: Were to stay in Santorini?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, October 14, 2013