We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Blue Dome Famous Blue Dome In Santorini

Malaysia
Level Contributor
175 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
The Blue Dome Famous Blue Dome In Santorini

1.What is the name of the building with the blue dome in santorini? the one that always used in almost all the photo of santorini..where is it located?

2. is it safe to walk from thira (fira) to oia? i mean like hiking... we r staying at Melina hotel there...

tq :)

Stuttgart
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Blue Dome Famous Blue Dome In Santorini

A lot of the churches in Santorini have a blue dome. So it is difficult to guess which one you are referring to. Is it the one shown on the following picture:

https:/…

If yes, it is one of the churches in Oia (GPS coordinates are included in the photo). Unfortunately I have no name, but you can't miss this one if you are visiting Oia.

Regarding the hike: Yes it is safe, will take about 3 - 4 hours, depending on how many picture you will take will on the hike.

Firostefani, Greece
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Blue Dome Famous Blue Dome In Santorini

This is one that shows up in alot of postcards:

www.flickr.com/photos/navin75/2654765842/

The name is not what I know it by. I can't remember the full name, but I know it as Panagia (Virgin Mary). It is not the name on this link :-)

Anyhow, it is in Firostefani. Find Santorini Palace hotel. In front of the hotel the road splits. Take the split that goes uphill and you will be in picture position :-)

Malaysia
Level Contributor
175 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Blue Dome Famous Blue Dome In Santorini

ohhh i thot its in Oia

tq so much for all the reply tho

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
21,030 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The Blue Dome Famous Blue Dome In Santorini

Killertan, there are at least two chapels with blue domes in Oia. Look at the link in Hsc4711's posting above.

I believe they are the more famous ones.

Oakdale, California
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Blue Dome Famous Blue Dome In Santorini

I'm going to build a blue dome (dome will be smaller, such as about 2.5 meters in diameter) like the one in Santorini shown. Anyone have leads on where to get plans for building such a dome? reply to me at

kennedybioman@velociter.net Thanks!

6. Re: The Blue Dome Famous Blue Dome In Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 29, 2013