We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A honey moon to Greece

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
A honey moon to Greece

I am planning my honeymoon around july 11th 2012 to greece.

I need suggestion regarding the weather and where should I go and all that. I will be flying from dallas tx. I am assuming a trip for 10 days is more than enough. Please advice me the best places to visit. I have so many questions to ask- should i take package deal? or should i plan everything by my own? Which cities are the most interesting? Is it necessary to fly between cities or to rent a car and drive? I am not fond of historical places. I have heard mykonos, sontorini,crete, are the best. Please let me know if I am missing somethig? I am planning something more relaxing instead of rushing every morning to go sight seeing or museums. Please advice.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
2,367 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A honey moon to Greece

Hello puneetaneja.If you go to another island you go by ferry or plane if they have airport.Historical places are also the most beautiful places so if you skip them you will miss.Mykonos has good beaches and a vibrant party scene.If you explain what best means to you then we can help to choose appropriate places.If you don't want to see anything I agree ten days are more than enough

Mentioned in this post
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
nyc
Level Contributor
94 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A honey moon to Greece

There are many beautiful islands to visit. Do some research online and see what each one has to offer and what interests you the most. Most islands have a few historical sites that you can visit in the morning and then spend the afternoon and evening on a beach. The historical site are very interesting and will add to your experience there. Santorini is beautiful. There are wineries you can visit. Mykonos has great nightlife and beautiful beaches. You can rent a 4 wheeler to get around from beach to beach. Take ferries between islands. Take flights between Athens and an Island if possible, to cut back travel time and maximize time at each island. Ask specific questions on this forum, everyone is very helpful :)

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Mykonos
Mykonos
Cyclades, Greece
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
3. Re: A honey moon to Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:41 am, June 19, 2013