We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to pop the question in Santorini?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to pop the question in Santorini?

When I take my girlfriend to Santorini in August I'm planning to take the plunge and pop the big question!! We're planning to stay in either Oia or Fira, but hopefully Oia. (I'm still deciding which hotel, but unfortunately it won't be one of the expensive luxury ones.

Can anyone recommend somewhere secluded and romantic (ideally not in a hotel or restaurant) where its likely to be uncrowded in the evening (possibly around the time of the sunset)?

I know its a long shot that I'll be able to find somewhere like this, but I'm hoping somebody can recommend somewhere who's been to the island before, as it will be my first visit to the island.

Thanks.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
8,945 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to pop the question in Santorini?

try also these,prefer imerovigli and oia than fira

www.vipsuites.gr

www.sunrocks.gr

www.santoriniprincess.gr

www.iliovasilema.gr

Houston
Level Contributor
947 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to pop the question in Santorini?

Wow. So nice to hear that there are still romantic men out there! What a lucky girl. Well how about popping the question at sunset on one of those private evening boat cruises?

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to pop the question in Santorini?

Thanks Gas and CameraGirl8.

Does anybody know of a tour company who would run a private tour for two just for a couple of hours in the evening. I've tried searching the internet, but they all seem to be massive yachts that can be chartered for whole days or more.

Thanks.

Boston...
Level Contributor
14 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to pop the question in Santorini?

hi mrbees...

congrats to you! wonderful!

i am going to visit with my friends in July so i have been doing a lot of research! we plan on going on a beautiful boat trip around the volcano... you can hire your own boat!

thiratours.com/Santorini-volcano-cruises.htm

enjoy!

Israel
Level Contributor
114 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to pop the question in Santorini?

A private boat might be expensive, but theses guys are helpful and if they don't do it themselves for a song they might give you the name of a local guy who does: http://www.santoriniyacht.com

they also offer a mid- August all night-cruise allowing you to sip champagne while experiencing a mock volcano explosion with fireworks... doesn't sound too quiet and secluded but surely something to recall and tell your future offsprings....