We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry from santorini to crete

nyc
Level Contributor
15 posts
ferry from santorini to crete

i am having trouble getting into ferries.gr in order to find out how we will get from santorini to crete. does anyone know another site? and is there really only 1 or 2 a week? what are the other ways to get to crete? thanks

1. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:13 pm, January 21, 2006
Santorini, Greece
7 posts
1 review
2. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

DUring the summer there are usually frequent ferries from Santorini to Crete as well as speed boats. Try www.mfd.gr or even better www.gtp.gr that is a greek portal (translated as well) for all destinations and all kinds of information. During the summer there are flights to crete from here as well, but it doen't worth the cost as the speed boat is only 2 hrs. The only problem you might experience is that the schedules might not be ready yet for the summer in some of the companies.

nyc
Level Contributor
15 posts
3. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

thank you!

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
4. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

Hi,

I am trying to get a ferry from santorini to crete. I cant find any ferry service in the month of february. can u pls help?

thanks,

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14,113 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

That's not a regular route in February, you will most likely have to ferry/fly to Piraeus/Athens then out again to Crete. Otherwise there is an occasional G&A or possibly Lane ferry 2x per week at best. I can only see schedules til end of January, it will continue for sure, they just don't issue times more than a couple of weeks in advance, so wait.

http://www.gtp.gr/RoutesForm.asp

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
6. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

Thank you. That information definitely helps.

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
78 reviews
7. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

In the winter there's 2 X per week a ferry from Satorini to Crete, ussually its on Tuesdays and Fridays. After Aprils starts the daily hydrofoil service at 17.00 hr. in 2,30 hrs to Crete

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
8. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

What is the name of the line that runs from Santorini to Crete daily at 17:00? I am assuming the schedule is not posted yet. Does it go to Heraklion? Thank you!

Oxnard, California
3 posts
9. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

I am having trouble getting into ferries from Santorini to Crete in May 5. Is there daily trips from Santorini to Crete in May? Thanks

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
24,061 posts
2 reviews
10. Re: ferry from santorini to crete

Here's the schedule for the Santorini>Crete ferry.

http://www.ferries.gr/hfd

If you can't book it just means that the tickets are not on sale yet. Keep trying.