We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florists in Santorini

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Florists in Santorini

Hi,

Does anyone know of any good florists in Santorini and or an idea of the cost for a bride and bridesmaid's Bouquet's? I want to know whether it is best to order my own flowers or just have them included in a wedding package...Any advice would be grand..Thx

ipswich
Level Contributor
62 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Florists in Santorini

To be honest flowers are so inexpensive in other countries that I would have them included in the package. Having been wed 8 months and all the hassle of tring to source things seperatly book,relax and enjoy let someone else worry for the sake of a couple of ££££.

Vx

USA
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Florists in Santorini

Hi,

I agree with vladavere.

We will be placing our final flower order with our coordinator about 3 months before our wedding date. To give you an idea, we're ordering the flowers for my bouquet, 3 bridesmaids, 6 boutonnieres, 2 mother's corsages, floral/green garland for the ceremony table and a bunch of rose petals.

The estimate we were given for all of the above was around 500-600 euro based on roses.

We were in touch with two florists because my bridesmaids and sister said they would chip in and help with responsibilities (we're on a tight budget). However, the florist offered us a rate of 450 - 550 euro. So, we decided that saving 50 - 150 euro was not worth it and its money better spent. After all, the bridesmaids and my sister also deserve to enjoy themselves (they are guests too) and have the time to get pretty before the wedding a not worry about the flowers.

Former brides all talk about how the day goes incredibly quickly and no matter what time of the day you start getting ready...there is always a "rush" before the wedding.

We'll let the coordinator worry about it. We just want to focus on our day and of course everyone who will be flying miles and miles for our wedding!

Hope this helps!

Jenn

Guildford, UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Florists in Santorini

As others have said it would probably be a lot less hassle to let someone else do it for you.

But... I'm organising everything myself as we just cannot stretch for the 1000 to 1500 euros for a coordinator.

nifi2be, could you please let me have the details of the two florists that you have been in contact with?

England
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Florists in Santorini

Thanks Guys for the advice,

I hope all goes well for you all....

Many thanks again..:)

5. Re: Florists in Santorini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:29 am, January 12, 2006