We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best time to get married in June?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
What is the best time to get married in June?

My Fiance and I have booked to get married in mid June 2011. We have been advised by our wedding planner that the best time to get married is around 7pm. We feel this is too late as we want to ensure we have plenty on time for a drinks reception, photos, meal, speeches and disco etc. We have suggested 5pm but have been advised it will be extremely hot at that time in mid- june. Can any one give us any advise... perhaps people who have got married in Santorini in June in previous years or are planning to get married at that time of year in the future? Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,192 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best time to get married in June?

I agree with the wedding planner about the heat. June isn't as hot as July or August but it can still be a scorcher then. Sunsets in June will be right around 8:45, so if your ceremony is at 7:00 you'll have time to move to your reception location while it's still light out. And don't worry about having time for "drinks reception, photos, meal, speeches and disco etc." Unless your reception venue is giving you a rigid time to wrap up the party (important information to know) the celebrations can go on into the wee hours.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best time to get married in June?

<<Can any one give us any advise.>>

Your wedding planner is giving you very good advice, listen to it :-)

Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,422 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best time to get married in June?

Listen to your wedding planners - it's what they do for a living and if they recommend 7pm in June, I'd go with it. Depending on where you have it, you will maybe see the start of the sunset while the ceremony is going on.

I was at a Greek wedding in Athens a while ago and it started at 7pm and we didn't get back to the hotel until about 3 or 4am. There again, the Greeks don't seem to bother wasting time with ridiculous speeches etc, they just get the wedding ceremony over and done with so that they can get on with enjoying themselves.

Martin

Mentioned in this post
Athens
Athens
Attica, Greece
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
736 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best time to get married in June?

I agree with your planner. 5pm is too hot. 7pm is great. You'll only be there for about an hour anyway. By the time you get meals ect you'll have plenty of time to enjoy yourselves.

Have a great time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
734 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best time to get married in June?

Hi !

I decided something in the middle .... 6.30 pm ! and I prepared some fans to give to my female guests :)

but I do agree that 5pm is too hot :)

ciao

ursula

http://ursula.blogdns.net/

6. Re: What is the best time to get married in June?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 19, 2010