We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Should've mentioned this in my previous post but think my head's not with it - so excited about my trip! Just wondering if anybody will be around on 4th to 11th of Oct? I'm travellng alone, staying at Hotel Keti in Fira and planning to rent a car and maybe also join a tour. If any of you are about let me know! Maybe we can hook up for a meal or drink? xx.

Santorini
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Ill probably be here. I live in Santorini. Usually leave in October but thinking of staying right up till end of october. I live just outside of Fira but work there so will be around.

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Cool atlantis thanks! I think I read it somewhere (maybe I got confused) that you're the half Irish half .... girl? Sorry can't remember maybe you're someone else....! Ha ha anyhow yes would be cool to meet up for a drink or so. Let me know how I can find you! x.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Hello there;

We plan on being there around that time. Am originally from Leicester but have lived in Canada's Artic since 1969.

Can anyone help me with some info. We are flying from Cairo to Athens then will start our Greek Island hopping. We want to go from Athens to Zakynthos first by ferry. Then athens to Mykonos, santorini, rhodes and then over to turkey. Does anyone know if ferry connections are available for this route. I have looked on the ferry sites and conntacted some travel agencies in greece with no avail. As I do so much flying in the north on small planes, I prefer to be grounded on vacations. Thanks. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Paris , France
Level Contributor
902 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Hi jojokk97, I'll be here too...

If you walk upwards to Imerovigli, below skaros, a tourists tavern on your path is my own place called ART SPIRIT....

If you care for the island's prehistoric culture, people say that I am an expert, but if you only need to watch the view around a glass of wine you are welcome as well...

The view is so incredible that is taking your breath away...

You can check also santoriniartspirit.com

You may prepare your vacation plants better using this site...

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Cool Sophie25! I was recently in Leicester too to visit a friend. He kept going on about the city having nothing to see, but I got there and was amazed by the shops, markets etc.! People were real friendly too. Hope to see u in Santorini. I'll have a look at my guide books for you on the ferry routes.

And artspirit I just went on your website! Chloe's so cute! (I'm a HUGE cat fan). Would love to drop by to your taverna and say hi, have some wine. Maybe we can also go to a nice local restaurant for some authentic Greek food... it's true guys. I've never had Greek food. Not even feta cheese or mousaka. Quite shocking!! So artspirit you gotta educate them on your famour cuisine!!

x.

6. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, October 15, 2005
London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Sorry artspirit I made a mistake earlier... I mean I'd love to visit you at your place/gallery Art Spirit (that is your house right?)! We can go and eat at the tavernas you mentioned on the website (sorry I now know tavernas mean restaurants...)!

Your web site's really interesting. I understand what you mean. Tourism's building up in Santorini (which is very good news for the locals) but people do sometimes forget about the history and the needs to retain ancient information.

I love cats. Have no idea how I can bring one back to England though.... but I'll get to play with them when I visit you so that's ok! Another great thing you're doing in Santorini, for the stray cats, to provide them a shelter and food and water. :)

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

jojokk97

Hi there, thanks any info you can give would be great. I am getting really excited. We will have snow when we leave and 24 hour darkness when we return, so we intend to make the most of this trip. Talk to you soon.

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Hi Sophie25, just checked Frommers' for you (sorry taken me a while!) but the general ferry map in there isn't very clear but they are some detailed websites it recommended. Try bluestarferries.com they have itineries listed. Can't see that they go to Turkey but all the Greek islands are well covered. I'm sure when you get to Rhodes the travel agents will find a trip for you as it's so close to Turkey.

Hope that helps! Who knows maybe we'll bump into each other in Santorini! x.

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New post from me: anybody about 4-11th Oct around Fira?

Thanks;

I have found some info too. Problem I am havinf is that we are doing the hop on hop off bus around turkey and I need to arrange a place and time when the bus comes through. Am wondering whether we should fly from Cairo to Rhodes and back track island hopping back.

Which hotel are you staying in, in santorini? I am still looking.

Have only just finalized the egypt portion of the trip. Talk to you soon.