We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resteraunts in Oia

Sussex,England
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Resteraunts in Oia

My wife and i will on Santorini celebrating 25yrs of marriage from August 9th.

I am looking for the very best resteraunt in Oia to celebrate the big day and any help anyone can give would be much appreciated.....cheers.

Steve

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resteraunts in Oia

The absolutely best restaurant in Oia, and one of the best in the country, is 1800 restaurant. Check www.1800.gr. Happy anniversary.

London, UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resteraunts in Oia

Returned on Monday this week. 1800 is very nice, but i actually think Ambrosia is better. Ask for a table on the cliff edge, upstairs.

Food is better and the setting is also better than 1800, same sort of prices, although you can not watch the sun set from Ambrosia, whereas you can at 1800.

I take it youll be there for a few days at least, so book both, and also try Ambrosia Nectar (Ambrosia other restaurant) which is also very good!

Pasadena, CA
Level Contributor
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Resteraunts in Oia

If you are willing to leave Oia, I highly recommend Selene's in Fira. Frommer's called it the best restaurant in Santorini and one of the very best in Greece. After eating there two weeks ago, I fully agree! It's got gorgeous cliff side terrace seating, impecable service, and wonderful food. Our waiter took considerable time with us to select the best wine for our entree's and I was pleasantly surprised when the bottle he recommended was under 30 euro. Our entire dinner for two with all courses was 118 euro. A taxi from Oia should cost about 15 euro each way and take about 15-20 minutes. The time and the money are both well worth it in my opinion.

New York City
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Resteraunts in Oia

Ditto the above posters recommendations. I love Ambrosia and 1800 in Oia, as well as Selene and Koukoumavlos in Fira.

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,299 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Resteraunts in Oia

Annie nailed it!! Santorinis best right there!!

Sussex,England
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Resteraunts in Oia

Thank-You all for your help,will be trying them all !!

Steve