We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

Like to take taxi from Fira to Oia.

Thought we could just walk around Oia.

What should the taxi cost?

Do I need to agree to price beforehand?

And will taxis be available for return trip to Fira?

Any recommendations are much appreciated. We are visiting Santorini on a cruise ship but we would like to take advantage of local transportation.

Best regards and thanks,

Gwynn family

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

Taxi about 15Euro, agree price beforehand. If travelling outside of July/August (when it gets very full) the bus will be nearly as quick and is only 1.2 Euro each.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

BTW those prices were each way. There should be taxis waiting in the main sq at Oia but I havent tried catching them from there at peak times so it might be an idea to agree a return time and location with your driver if you get one there. Bll?

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

Taxis come and go all day between Fira and Oia. They either go directly to the Oia bus square or make a stop there, after dropping off passengers somewhere else in the village, in hopes of picking up more passengers before returning to Fira. The bus between Fira and Oia is roughly an hourly departure.

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

Thank you all for your responses. I am thinking now that we should take the bus. Does it take a long time and are there many stops between Fira and Oia. (I have to know when to get off the bus!) Can you give me directions to the bus stop? Thanks so much.

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

The bus stop in Fira is between the main road and the lower road. Look at this map: santorini-hotels.info/images/…fira_big.jpg

Section W, 5th square from the left.

The bus takes about 25 minutes for the trip between Fira and Oia's bus square. There are only a few "official" stops on this route, in Firostefani, Imerovigli and on the road in Oia, but you can stop the bus anywhere just by waving it down as long as there's a safe place for it to pull over.

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

The bus it is! Efharisto for all your help.

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

Can I buy a ticket for the bus on the bus or do I have to go to a store or station to buy bus tickets?

Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,842 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

Get on the bus, find a seat and someone will come to you to take your money.

Blue Bell...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

thank you

Firostefani, Greece
Level Contributor
352 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Fare Fira to Oia

Taking the bus from Oia to Fira town, dont worry about keeping an eye where to get off the bus if you are going to Fira. Fira bus station is the end of the road! :-)