We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon Petra Villas

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon Petra Villas

Has anyone stayed at or heard good things about this hotel in Santorini? WOuld appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Greece
2 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Honeymoon Petra Villas

I have stayed a couple of times to the specific hotel. The pool is as fantastic as you can tell from the pictures. You must pick carefully the room type. The hotel has rooms which are called petra appts petra studios and traditional appts and traditional studios. The petra appts and studios are at the area below and around the pool. All the others are apart from the pool complex but max 2-3mins walking.

Toronto
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Honeymoon Petra Villas

Does anyone have an email address for the Honeymoon Villas?

New York
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Honeymoon Petra Villas

e-mak - which rooms are better to book?

Cincinnati
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Honeymoon Petra Villas

DonnyB, I have been looking for you!!! I noticed some of your posts and hope that you can help me out. My fiance and I will be celebrating our honeymoon in June of 2006. I am looking for the absolutely perfect place to stay in Santorini and Mykonos. I was going to stay at Anastasis in Santorini but you seem to indicate that it is a long walk. Other than that, I am open to suggestions. I definitely want pricate balconies in both locations, want a view of the Caldera in Santorini, and access to great beaches in Mykonos. Willing to spend between 150 and 250 earos a night for the right places on each island? I would appreciate your top choices in each place. Thank you for ALL of the knowledge and experience that you have shared already!

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,701 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Honeymoon Petra Villas

Lakelake, thanks very much for the compliments. I'm definitely no expert on Santorini or Mykonos, however, and you'd get much, much better guidance from regular TripAdvisor member "gas" in many of his excellent responses to questions in this forum! (Check out the messages he has posted in response to other members' questions about accommodation in Santorini over the course of the past two months; he appears to know the island and its hotels very well.)

From what I've seen and read (both here on TripAdvisor and in many, many travel magazine articles, websites and guidebooks), Anastasis, Perivolas and Katikies are among the top hotels in Santorini. Unfortunately, I haven't yet visited any of them, so I can't tell you if they all offer private balconies or terraces with terrific caldera views. I can only report that the location and views of two hotels I have seen first-hand -- the Phenix and Honeymoon Petra Villas -- are excellent. Judging by what I have seen from the location of the other hotels, however, the views must be incredible, and the locations would be amazingly peaceful and relaxing.

One of the trade-offs for some of the spectaculars hotels in Imerovigli, though, is the distance to Fira. It is indeed a long walk to and from town; going to Fira is primarily downhill, and a very pleasant and spectacular walk, but going back to Imerovigli is predominantly uphill, and will give you quite a workout! However, I wouldn't let the distance discourage you from considering hotels in Imerovigli. I've suggested to people that they consider walking into Fira whenever they go out for dinner and evening entertainment, and then taking a taxi back to their hotel to save themselves the exhausting walk.

The one very good thing about the distance is that it gives you a greater opportunity to enjoy and appreciate the breathtaking scenery, which is what draws people to Santorini in the first place. If you're in decent physical shape, the walking won't be too demanding -- except on the return trip, if you've enjoyed a very large meal and a lot of Greek wine or ouzo over the course of an evening.

As for Mykonos, I've heard excellent reviews of the Mykonos Grand (but wasn't able to get a reservation there either last year or during my return trip this past June, so I can't confirm all the good feedback I've read). I've stayed at two different hotels in the Myconian Collection chain -- the Ambassador at Platys Gialos, and the Imperial at Elia Beach -- and loved both places; our balconies offered excellent sea views at both. Some people have given both hotels negative or so-so reviews, however, so it seems those properties can be hit or miss. So since you want something "absolutely perfect" for your honeymoon, I'd suggest you consider the Mykonos Grand. The Grecotel Mykonos Blu, and the Petasos Beach hotel, also sound like wonderful locations, but again I don't know whether they offer spectacular views from private balconies or patios. That's something you'd have to research in TripAdvisor hotel reviews or other postings on this site.

Wish I could be of more and better assistance, but I'm afraid it's going to take me a few more visits to both islands before I can hold myself out as any kind of an "expert"!