We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 1.5 hrs. sufficient to change from the international to...

hong kong
Level Contributor
285 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is 1.5 hrs. sufficient to change from the international to...

There will be 1.5 hrs. from the time I land at the Athens Airport by the international flight till I catch the next domestic flight from Athens to Santorini. Do both the international and the domestic flights depart at the same airport building or just next to each other ? I want to know if 1.5 hrs. is sufficient for me to change to the domestic flight. You know, I don't want to miss my next flight since it fits my travel plan nicely. Any view is welcome ! Thanks !

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 1.5 hrs. sufficient to change from the international to...

As far as I know the domestic flights leave from the same building at E.Venizelos Airport in Athens. If you have your flight ticket and no delays than its no problem, because you will get the seat numbers for your domestic flight at departure. Unless you come in to Greece with a company that doesn't work with Olympic or Aegean airlines. Than you must check in again and for domestic flights is a min. of 1 hour needed.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Athens
Level Contributor
13,912 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 1.5 hrs. sufficient to change from the international to...

It's the same building, except some flights ( not Olympic or Aegean ) that route from a satellite building connected with the main terminak. The vast majority of all flights are under the same roof. So, if you don't have delay, 1h 30 mins is more than enough. Check your domestic flight upon your international flight check in. Otherwise, if this is not possible, you 'll have to check in in your domestic flight, at least 45 mins. before departure.