We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Fira to Oia?

Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
How to get from Fira to Oia?

We will be here for 1 day - cruise stop on Princess. We would like to spend some time in Oia and Fira. We will probably get the bus to and from Oia as I hear that it can be difficult to find a taxi in Oia to come back to Fira. Can someone tell me how we should go about taking the bus and where we would get off the bus (does Oia have multiple stops?). As well, once we are off the bus how do we get to the blue-roofed top church?

Thanks!

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
4,668 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Fira to Oia?

Oia is so small that you'll easy find whatever church you're looking for. The blu-roofed ones are plentiful. There are a few stops for Oia. I'd just get off at the end of the line by the tourism office if it's your first trip.

When I was there last, the bus to Oia cost 1,1 euros a person. You pay on the bus, or as you board. There is a main bus station a little further inland form the biusiest area of Fira, not far from the Fira tourism office. Wasn't too hard to find.

From the Oia stop, head up one of the pathways to get to the main walkway, so walk toward the buildings toward the caldera. Once on the main walkway, you will be able to navigate visually. Breathtaking area.

Oregon
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
22,196 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from Fira to Oia?

The Fira bus square is down away from the cliff just below the main road behind the Atlantis Hotel, but taxis aren't scarce in the daytime in Oia, you can easily find one to take you back to Fira. You can catch a taxi in Fira at the taxi rank next to the bus square. If you do take the bus it stops wherever people want on or off, but the last stop is in the Oia bus square. This is also where the taxi will take you and where you'll be able to find one to take you back to Fira. From the Oia bus square follow the foot-traffic flow uphill into the main square in front of the big church. Turn to the right and walk about 50 yards. Turn left when you see the sign for the Aspaki Suites. Follow that footpath and you'll eventually see the famous blue-domed churches on your right.

3. Re: How to get from Fira to Oia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, September 05, 2009