We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Kamari to Perivelos Beach for parasailing

Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Kamari to Perivelos Beach for parasailing

My boyfriend and I are going to Santorini in July for my birthday and we would like to go parasailing. We've looked online and Wavesports look like a good company to go with but we want to know how long it will take us and how to travel from where we are staying in Kamari to Perivolos beach before we book anything please?

We aren't going to he hiring any transport so it's public transport we are interested in please.

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Santorini
Santorini
Cyclades, Greece
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Perivolos Beach
Perivolos Beach
1,006 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
3 replies to this topic
Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,537 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Kamari to Perivelos Beach for parasailing

There’s a water taxi that runs between Kamari and Perissa beaches between the hours (I think) of 10am to 5pm.

Perivolos beach is right at the other end, about 20/25 minutes walk from where the water taxi unloads you. You will have to wade into the sea at both ends so if you’ve got bags, sports equipment etc, you need to hold them above your head.

Alternatively, take a bus from Kamari to Fira, then another bus from Fira to Perissa, which includes a stop at the Perivolos end off the beach.

You’re probably thinking this a bit long winded but that’s how it is I’m afraid. Although Kamari and Perissa look like they’re close to each other on the map, they’re separated by a bloody great mountain with no easy way around it.

All buses tend to radiate out from Fira which is why you have to do Kamari/Fira, Fira/Perissa. Annoying, but there it is.

There’s always the taxi option of course but that’s going to make for an expensive day out, probably €20-30 each way.

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Perissa
Perissa
Santorini, Greece
Perivolos Beach
Perivolos Beach
1,006 Reviews
Santorini, Greece
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Perivolos
Perivolos
Santorini, Greece
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Kamari to Perivelos Beach for parasailing

Thank you so much, that's very helpful. Would you recommend the bus into Fira and back out again or would the water bus and walk be better?

It is clear the route to take from the water bus stop down to Perivolos?

Edited: 5:04 pm, June 07, 2018
Mentioned in this post
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Perivolos
Perivolos
Santorini, Greece
Sandbach, United...
Destination Expert
for Perissa
Level Contributor
6,537 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Kamari to Perivelos Beach for parasailing

I guess it’s going to depend a lot on how much time you have.

If you do the Kamari/Fira/Fira/Perissa bus option it could take a couple of hours.

The water taxi from Kamari takes about 20 minutes to get to the Perissa side of “the mountain” then you would have to walk to the Perivolos end of the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Kamari
Kamari
Santorini, Greece
Fira
Fira
Santorini, Greece
Perissa
Perissa
Santorini, Greece
Perivolos
Perivolos