We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santorini to Athens - Night ferry in late October/early Nov

5 posts
Save Topic
Santorini to Athens - Night ferry in late October/early Nov

Hello All,

Visiting Imerovigli this month end, looking for information on night ferries from Thria to Athens, if there is one.

In the link http://www.gtp.gr for 30th Oct, i found one which departs thira at 12:40 AM and arrives athens at 9.45 AM on 31st, operate by 'Aegeon Pelagos Sea Lines', any reviews on this service? Any other options anyone can suggest.

Thanks,

Shipali

4 replies to this topic
Camarillo...
Destination Expert
for Santorini
Level Contributor
23,841 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Santorini to Athens - Night ferry in late October/early Nov

It's a large, 23-year-old passenger/car ferry that's been running that same route for as long as I can remember. Yes, not the most modern of ships but it has been refurbished and is comfortable. Here's a link to some photos: web.anek.gr/anek_prod/photo/116/pict_en.html

FB PREVELI technical details

Type: Normal Boat - Car ferry

Length: 142.5 m

Width: 23.5 m

Speed: 18 Knots

Passengers: 1500

Cabins: N/A

Cars: 450

Year of construction: 1994

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
13,958 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santorini to Athens - Night ferry in late October/early Nov

There are 2 options, the only ones, Preveli Mon at 00:40 and Thurs 22:30. it's out of season now.

It's a standard large conventional ferry on a very long route from Rhodes primarily giving Chalki, Karpathos, Kassos, Anafi with a direct to Piraeus ferry service.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,417 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Santorini to Athens - Night ferry in late October/early Nov

I've done an overnight trip on this ferry and it is OK. The only problem with it is that because it is on such a long route it can be very late if the weather is not very good.

5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Santorini to Athens - Night ferry in late October/early Nov

Thanks for the response, i think taking 15:30 bluestar from thria is a better option then.

Reply to: Santorini to Athens - Night ferry in late October/early Nov
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted