We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paros in late September

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Paros in late September

My boyfriend and I are visiting Greece in late September/early October, flying to and from Athens. We will be in Greece for 10 days overall and allowing for a couple of days in Athens at the end of the trip, we will have about a week to visit an island (the last week of September and perhaps a day or two in to October).

Originally we were planning to stay around the Saronic islands so as not to waste time on ferries. However, the more I research it it seems that the Saronic islands are more like an extension of Athens and perhaps we would be better going further afield and staying in one place for the week, Santorini, Paros and Naxos are all options within a few hours of Athensr.

My question really is where will still be somewhat lively this late in the season? I know everything will be winding down at this stage - we are in our late 20's and not looking for partying but it would be nice if there were still some busy restaurants and tavernas for some atmosphere.

Thanks!

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
928 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paros in late September

I suggest you base yourselves in Naoussa on Paros which will still be fairly lively in a week or two. There are lots of good restaurants, bars and cafes round the idyllic inner harbour. The old part of the village near the old harbour is quite magnificent.

We can strongly recommend you stay in Scorpio Studios and Apartments not too far from the centre of the action. They are in a quiet location. Kiki, the owner, is marvellous. She speaks very good English and is so helpful. They are rated No 1 out of 58 Speciality Lodging in Nauossa and a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence for 2013. See - tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g642170-d6778… We will be returning there soon for around 20th time.

There are still fairly regular buses to beaches around the island and the main town Paroikia at this time of year.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,094 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paros in late September

I find both Naoussa and Parikia fine, but Naoussa very low key on late September, Parikia might be slightly more lively...

3. Re: Paros in late September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Paros