We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paros to Naxos

Surrey
Level Contributor
63 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Paros to Naxos

We will be travelling from Paros to Naxos on Sunday 24 June and then from Naxos to Mykonos on Wednesday 27 June.Do ferries go direct on these routes?

Thanks for any help.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paros to Naxos

Paros to Naxos is easy. You will have a choice of a few ferries during the day. Naxos to Mykonos is not so easy: most days there will be only one ferry (a catamaran), but occasionally it's necessary to go via Paros and change ferries there. The best sequence to do the trip would be Naxos, Paros, Mykonos.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paros to Naxos

Hun, you'll be OK. The schedule for Superjet has already been published for this summer. It leaves Naxos on 27 June direct to Mykonos at 13:10. Nearer the time you may find there are others.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paros to Naxos

Hey and welcome Hun09:-) Check www.gtp.gr/ www.openseas.gr/ for ferry schedules..not all sailings are listed so keep an eye out as time approaches;-) You should be good to go..Happy planning..and Enjoy!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,090 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paros to Naxos

Yes, those are daily and direct. Paros <> Naxos 4 ferries, Naxos <> Mykonos 1-2, Paros <> Mykonos about 3.

No problemo.

Surrey
Level Contributor
63 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paros to Naxos

Thanks for all your help.

As I dont like fast boats and we are thinking about another island ,we are planning on going from Paros to Naxos to Syros before going on to Mykonos.

Washingon DC area
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paros to Naxos

One possible option is if there's an daytrip from Naxos to Delos and Mykonos that day. Take your luggage with you, spend a few hours on Delos, and then just stay in Mykonos.

Essex
Level Contributor
1,072 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paros to Naxos

Last summer the Superferry extended its Rafina-Mykonos service to provided a four-days-a-week connection between Naxos and Mykonos at 2.15pm (Tue/Wed/Thu/Sat). The Naxos service started on June 21st. If the same service is running this year you'll have a direct connection on Wednesday 27th.

The Superferry is a standard large car ferry.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,090 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paros to Naxos

If you are trying to avoid fast ferries then your choice will be less, you'll need flexibility of maybe a day or so, depends a lot on what turns up this year. I suppose putting in Syros puts you on the regular Piraeus > Syros > Mykonos conventional ferries, it's an option if that's what you want.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,155 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Paros to Naxos

The fast ferries from Naxos and Paros to Mykonos take only 45 minutes. Even though you don't like them, you won't have to suffer very long. Better than diverting via Syros, IMHO, unless you want to visit Syros anyway. :o)

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paros to Naxos

When I made my first response I had forgotten about Superferry II. It only started regular runs to Naxos last summer. I don't know why I forgot about it, as I travelled on it. However, it is a very large ferry and only had a handful or so of passengers from Naxos to Mykonos, so I wouldn't be surprised if this does not continue this summer. If it does, though, it sounds like your best option. You probably won't be able to find out whether it will or not until about April or May.