We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are transportation needs different for 3 different islands?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Are transportation needs different for 3 different islands?

Staying 2 full days in Myconos, Paros and Santorini in first part of October. Is it better to use bus service on one, rent a car on the other, use taxi service in the third? What would be your preference?

Harbin, China
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
Level Contributor
21,303 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Are transportation needs different for 3 different islands?

Since there isn't a great deal of driving to do I suggest a small motorbike, that is if you feel confident to drive one. They can be good fun but do make sure it is mechanically sound before driving it. I have rented bikes and I have never been asked for a licence. And, don't forget to ask and use a crash helmet.

Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,070 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Are transportation needs different for 3 different islands?

On my knowledge a CAR driving license verify for a scooter as weak as only 50cc. It is slow and fine for flat places, but too weak to explore even slightly uphill and of course not recommended for two people. Furthermore some evenings may be slightly chilly on October and sometimes you may meet some windy/rainy days. A small car is more comfortable and more suitable on my opinion. For example a 50cc motorbike is not suitable to lead you up to Lefkes which is a must-see on Paros on my opinion.

Remeber, just because hire places do their own thing, this doesn't mean you are driving legaly or insurance will cover you in case of accidents. If they try to hire you out a vehicle you are not entitled to drive, do not take the offer!

13. Re: Are transportation needs different for 3 different islands?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Paros