We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August 2005 (hotel & clubs)

New York
3 posts
Save Topic
August 2005 (hotel & clubs)

Hello.. a few friends and I (All Greek and in our 20's) are planning an island hopping trip through Greece this summer.

Who has stayed in Parikia? Can you recommend a clean hotel with a good location? How is the nightlife/club scene? Any recommendations?

Also curious about Ios. I have heard some strange stories about that island.. but otherwise fun. Is it a young island, what is the typical age range? Any recommendations for that island too?

Thanks.....

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
109 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August 2005 (hotel & clubs)

hey sakaflias

my husband and i just returned from santorini and paros. in paros we stayed in a town called naoussa. it appeared more quiet than santorini but it was also off-season. we stayed at a hotel called kanales hotel with a view of the sea. we found the best nightlife on paros to be at our hotel. we went to dinner each night and stayed at kanales- we met so many nice people- and had a great time, if you are looking for more action- you may want to stay in the main town of parikia. on santorini- if u do decide to go- just stay in the main town of fira and follow the noise to the action.

good luck

jill

Greece
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: August 2005 (hotel & clubs)

Live in Parikia, go out in Naoussa. Naousa's nightlife is a 1000 times better. I'll go there on Aug 6th for 10 days. Mail me if u want to arrange a meeting (I'm in my 20s too) I'll show you around. newholborn@yahoo.gr

Hoboken, NJ
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: August 2005 (hotel & clubs)

newholborn,

When you say "live in Parikia,go out in Naoussa" do you mean stay in a hotel in Parikia but party in Naoussa?

I'm planning on going in Aug with a friend. We are also in our 20s, and are looking for a hotel. Can you suggest one?

Get answers to your questions about Paros